Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ok pissed about Silent Hill 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I played the hell out of this game for PS2 and then when i heard about the extra stuff in the Xbox version i was hyped and pissed. I didn't have an xbox at the time but I do now and after playing the extra/bouns I am pissed. Hell this should have been a Sample disk like RE2 was when all you could play was the first stage. enough to wet the pallett and get you drawed in. but this was crap... am i alone?
What was the extra stuff? And what was so bad about it? I didn't even know it was on Crap Box.
It was an extra scenario where you play as Maria. I think it is also in the Greatest Hits version of the PS2 SH2. I own the XBOX version, one of the three or four game I have for it...
To be fair the game wasn't really aimed at PS2 Silent Hill 2 -owning players, but, naturally, Xbox-only owners who perhaps never played the series before.

For SH fanatics, the reviews made it clear that the extra stuff wasn't really worth the purchase (I didn't bother). Let's face it, Konami didn't have to do anything extra at all for the Xbox and at least there wasn't two versions of the game released - that really would have been a rip-off.

What's odd is that the game didn't seemed to have sold well enough to warrant the release of Xbox SH3, but SH4 is on the way. :confused:
hope SH4 is harder than SH3

that was just too damn easy to complete
Yeah, Restless Dreams only had that extra scenario with Maria, and an extra ending I believe. I'm still thinking about getting the GH version of SH2 for Playstation 2 to see that one Maria scenario. At least Konami didn't just port it over to X-box with no added features, like a certain company does with a series I REALLY enjoy...on the Gamecube...ah, who am I kidding, I still bought them all over again...(RE 2, 3, CVX)

I'm a tool like that...Rolleyes
Don't feel bad Berserker, those are great games. We don't see you as a tool.
Is the extra ending the... SPOILERS, maybe

dog ending or the UFO ending? The dog ending was great. I never bothered to get the UFO ending. I think the dog ending is the only time that someone speaks Japanese in the whole game. The credits song was great...
dallaslad, the extra ending for Restless Dreams was the UFO ending. The dog ending was in the normal version, and had Japanese dialogue (like you said)...it was rather interesting...

Dark Osamu, I buy RE on any console it is released for (any version as well)...I was just kidding about the tool thing. Wink
is RE 0 any good?

been meaning to get it for a while but heard mixed views on it
Quote:Originally posted by rav96
is RE 0 any good?

been meaning to get it for a while but heard mixed views on it

It's a good, solid game although, because of its place in the RE timeline, is a small step backwards in terms of story. Your like or dislike for the RE series in general will probably be a major influence on your appreciation of the game.

On the other hand since its around £10 brand new you can't really go wrong.
£10 where from?
by god how did i miss that considering i use play all the time

SWEEET!!!!!!
Yea i bought all the RE for the gamecube as well. At least the RE was updated and had a lot of new stuff to keep me going. RE:CV is fine how it is and it does have some things the DC didn't have but then the PS2 version did oh well.

As for SH2:RD I understand the logic. Of it was put in there only as a hook for X-box users, but it could have opened the story more. Like how the choices he makes turns her either into his love or his hate. I was just hoping for more.