Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Isn't there any more GTO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished watching the 43 episodes of GTO that I bought here. I freakin love it, but I want an OVA. Certainly a series that inspired a live action movie has an OVA. Someone tell me there is more. Please.
43 episodes is all their is for the anime.

There is the manga which I think goes much further than the anime, the live action TV series and a live action movie.
ive got the live action TV series its only like 10eps! got it off a friend of a friend but its not got any english subs only chinese so i made my friend translate as we went along watching it!
Im reading the GTO manga and it goes alot longer than the series, i heard the series only goes to book 13 or 14 of the mangas.
vol14 me thinks

and the anime is a shortened version at that! ie alot of the manga stories are missed out, but the main "jist" is there
the anime stops at vol 13 of the manga as far as i can remember, but there is a 6 episode live action ova and the live action movie also. they are easy enough to find online with fansubs if your interested.

i recommend reading the manga as i found it much funnier than the anime and its up to vol 16 already, there are about 26 planned for release in the states and apparently its still running in japan.
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
the anime stops at vol 13 , but there is a 6 episode live action ova and the live action movie.

i stand corrected - but it was of the top of my head
I think GTO manga is done but there is going to be or is already being published a prequel manga to GTO about Onizuka old motorcycle gang days.
Oh, ok, thanks guys. to bad about the ovas
sry rav96 didnt mean to correct you i was just givin all the gto info i knew and im not 100% if its vol 13. peace out

gohan dont give up hope on the ovas, JJ might be able to get a set of the live action ova which is, in my opinion better, than the anime plus the movie is in stock
dude correcting my incompetence is fine by meSmile

LOVE AND PEACE
LOVE AND PEACE

(sorry just watched Trigun again yday)