Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Banner Of The Stars Complete Collection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any information if any company is working on a Banner Of The Stars Complete Collection? I'm curious since there are only 23 episodes to the series, but it's split up into 2 sets and 5 discs. Also, there doesn't really seem to be a quality release of either set. So... can anyone help?
Quote:Originally posted by ElVaquero
Does anyone have any information if any company is working on a Banner Of The Stars Complete Collection? I'm curious since there are only 23 episodes to the series, but it's split up into 2 sets and 5 discs. Also, there doesn't really seem to be a quality release of either set. So... can anyone help?

You're missing a few disks to those sets... I have:

Crest of the Stars (Seikai no Monshou) 2 disks 1-13
Crest of the Stars Battle Flag of the Stars (Seikai no Senki) 3 disks 1-13
Crest of the Stars Battle Flag of the Stars II (Seikai no Senki II) 2 disks 1-10
Crest of Stars Birth (Seikai no Danshou) 1 disk 1
Crest of Stars Special Edition (Seika no Monsho) 1 disk 1 (recap of first season)

You can always get the R1 releases by Bandai if you're wanting a quality release, which is the first season, 13 episodes in either a 2 disk box set or 4 seperate disks. Banner of the Stars (Battle Flag of the Stars) is 3 dvd's and Banner of the Stars II (Battle Flag of the Stars II) is also 3 dvd's.
Yes, but just Banner Of The Stars is 5 discs, 23 episodes. Absurd. R1 is also absurd.
Well maybe Bandai will release a complete boxset of Banner of Stars like they did Crest of Stars. The complete boxset of Crest of Stars is actually 4 dsic like the individual released but in one big multi-disc amaray case. It was really cheap, I paid like 30$US for it.
Yes, but just Banner Of The Stars is 5 discs, 23 episodes. Absurd. R1 is also absurd.

Well you could of gotten half of it off of my trade list... but my daughter has decided to keep it... leastways until she ends up picking up the R1's of it. There have been at least one other who has had it up for trade. You're really going to be hurting for watching anime if you don't like long series... laugh... most series start out at 13 episodes and frequently go into 26 or even way more than that, like Inu Yasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu Gi Oh, Saint Seiya, etc. etc... You're only solution is to either get the HK ones, (subs really weren't bad on the sets I saw) pay more for the quality for R1's or hope that FX does a perfect set of them... regardless, the disk count will still be about the same. Or go look on Ebay for them.
I think the real issue here is that I'm just a cheap, lazy bastard.

I don't think anyone would be buying imports if they do not want to save some money. Hehehe....Big Grin :p

MY ANIME COLLECTION

Then I suggest you trade for it, you're only out whatever postage it costs to send it, and whatever they want in trade, but you don't want it, that's why it's up for trade *laugh* ... or find someone who has DVDR's.
But I like all my DVD's.
But I like all my DVD's.

You were given what choices you had available to get the sets, you don't want to spend the money for R1's, and you don't want to spend the money for HK's.. so looks like you're out of options, since I'm pretty sure there aren't any CoTS or BoTS in fansub, nor do I expect anyone will be giving away their sets to you for free. BTW you still haven't responded to my pm about trading, so is that off?