Import Anime Forums

Full Version: FX Problems... again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i know this topic has been on about 10 million times already but im just wondering how wide spread the defective disc problem is because im starting to worry that FX havent found a way around it and it may not have been just a mere bad pressing of discs. in my most recent order i recieved 13 disc, 8 of which skip like crazy making large parts of the disc unwatchable.

i want to know:
how often do you recieve dodgy discs?
do the replacement discs always work fine?
and
do you think more recently that the dodgy disc problem has been less regular?

im not out to step on anyones toes here, not JJ nor flora, i just think that we can pass this info on to flora and he can do something about it because its almost fact that FX make the best sets and everyone would rather have theirs but with dodgy discs goin around its startin to give them a bit of a bad name, so as soon as its sorted then everyone will be happy.

thanks
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke

i want to know:
how often do you recieve dodgy discs?

I've recieved 5 bad discs (out of 15 watched FX sets and 43 or so viewed discs). All together I've had 8 replacements, but 3 were from a Trigun set that the seller sent to me without the discs. So all together 5 "dodgy discs". I haven't been able to watch about 4 other FX sets yet, so there may be a few faulty one's in that pile.

Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke

do the replacement discs always work fine?
and
do you think more recently that the dodgy disc problem has been less regular?

So far, every replacement disc hasn't had the same problems the first discs had (although in some cases, I only looked for the old error and haven't been through the whole disc again). The sets I had to replace were: Fruits Basket Disc 2, Inuyasha Pt. 2 Disc 3 and all of Excel Saga. Those are fairly new titles. I have yet to have a problem with the old FX sets, so I guess the newer sets given me more stress. So far I haven't had too much trouble with FX sets, but you never know what's next. Just to note that of about 9 MAC and MI sets, I have yet to get a faulty disc (knock on wood).
fx has sucked ever since they came back, all my really old fx dvd's work fine but ive had too many problems with them these days. its a shame so many sites are going through them more and more. heh
First we must define "defective discs". Some discs play on one player but not on another so lets agree that its defective if its tried on multiple players and a dvd-rom and still won't work.

And now for my not so helpfull contribution. I have received X-tv, Rahxephon, Noir and blackjack of the latest Fx releases and no real problems except blackjack won't play in my philips player but it does play in my other player.
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
First we must define "defective discs". Some discs play on one player but not on another so lets agree that its defective if its tried on multiple players and a dvd-rom and still won't work.

And lets clarify it even further, shouldn't an FX set that has 9 disks in it play all 9 disks on the same player? I mean if you have 1 disk out of 9 that won't access the 2nd layer on a certain player (Apex) be considered a dodgy disk? I mean the other 8 disks play just fine... Yes, that one dodgy disk might play on another player, or not (Samsung, Sony), but how many people have more than 1 player? Besides, who wants to swap out DVD players when they are in the middle of a disk, or go to the computer for 4 episodes?? Oh, btw... the replacement disk was worse, it wouldn't access the last 3 episodes on the disk, whereas the original disk wouldn't access just the last special episode. (Tenchi Muyo perfect Collection Disk 1 of the Ryo Oh Ki set) another disk of that set is missing subtitles for the first 5 minutes of one of the episodes, replacement disk does the same thing so that is an inherent flaw in the master copy which really isn't a dodgy disk, just irritating... I've also had problems with FX Fruits Basket Ch. 4 episode 10 disk 2 freezes and sticks on the video, replacement does the same thing, and both disks of the FX Yami no Matseui disks wouldn't access the 2nd layer (last 3 or 4 episodes) on at least 2 different Apex players. Don't expect to have your replacement disk replaced if it doesn't work either, you'll be told to upgrade your dvd player. For 1/2 of a disk out of 9? I don't think so. Guess they can start saying you got a 50/50 chance of it working on your dvd player, and if it doesn't, too bad.
i know Outlaw Star disc 1 definately has problems!

but all this has worried me as i've stocked up soo much FX lately and i give each disc a test(play an ep at the sart-mid-end etc) but ive not gotten round to watching them all!

ahhh i'm worried i've got some faulty discs, which i wont come accross till i get through all my sets
ahhhhhhh
That's why i havn't been buying FX since Dec 03. Too much problems. Either had skips/freezes or won't load at all.

I agree with what Amethyst said. Eg. If you have Tenchi Muyo set, you could play the first 2 dvds, your dvd player should play all the way till the end. It is so TROUBLESOME to switch dvd players throughout the whole show just to get the dvds to work. I sure don't like to get out of bed to move around the house just to search for a dvd player that will play the FX dvd.

For the last 2 months, I've been buying all R1s. Even though they cost way more than imports, at least I did not have any problems with them at all. BUT, I'm dead broke..... Dunno why but I just keep buying even when in such dire straits. :p

MY ANIME COLLECTION
I don't have many FX sets (like 10 DVDs in total) but they all work just fine. Maybe there wil be a pause at the layer break but thats usually it. MY DVD player is a Panasonic.

FX has been quiet recently, not many new releases, hopefully theu are getting their problems worked out.
some of you guys have worse problems than me! and that sucks! well im gonna email flora in the near future and let him know that we all want him to sort out these problems cause we all love FX or at least used to Sad
Sanos, I'm one of those who USED to love FX. Now, it's like whatever but most likely not for me to buy FX. I don't want to have to send dvds after dvds to JJ for replacements.

Too much of a hassle.......man..i wish it's back to those good old days when one could purchase any FX sets without any worries or problems. Sad

MY ANIME COLLECTION
dude your making me cry Sad
Ehhhhhhhhhhh I'm not a dude.........
:p
does that mean you dont have a dick or that you just aint "down with me"?
ERM............

both............
ahhhh, why aint you down with me then? am i too otaku? or just a prick?
Pages: 1 2 3