Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What's your Hometown???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hey everyone...describe where your from. Is it cool? Does it suck like my hometown?

I am from a little dump called Kannapolis North Carolina. I was born in 1981 and nothing has really changed except the biggest company in town shut down (Cannon Mills) and it was a part of Pillow Techs(however it's spelled) and since the 3000 or so people were layed off, jobs are hard to come by. Luckily I found a FedEx job in our major city, Charlotte NC. It's a good drive everyday but for 12 bux an hour it ain't bad at all. I just got a raise and haven't been there but a month. Something to do with cost of living and it was a companywide raise, so EVERYONE but the higher-ups got a raise. That was pretty cool. My best friend Kakoi Sugoi Yama lives in Concord NC which is like 10 minutes from my house. All we do is go to stores and movies because there is JACK to do here. Not that this place sucks, it just gets boring going to Wal-Mart all the time. Some interesting things about this place are that half of the city is named after that retard Dale Earnhardt. They changed a Major road to 3, they built a statue of Dale up the road from the post office, and as far as I can remember this one road has always been called Dale Earnhardt Blvd. 2 roads named after the redneck!!! Thank God for video games to keep me devoid from reality, cuz if I had to even work in the Carolina Mall watching MILLIONS of little poser fake look at me my lifestyle is all about image piece o crap teenagers and mid life crisis 35 year olds all day it would kill me.
That's really scary you are from Kannapolis considering I live in Concord, and obviously you know the whole Concord/Kannapolis thing. Although Concord is pretty sweet with Concord Mills and semi-cool places to go and such, you are right Kannapolis sucks...Not that there arent trashy places in Concord buuutt Kannapolis that's like all there is lol....BORN AND RAISED CONCORD!!!
I just graduated early from Concord High...And you are right...Everything Dale in Kann.
Albuquerque NM here, it sucks pretty bad i really dont need to explain much more really. bunch of tumbleweeds and dirt.
I was born in a sleepy mountain town in upstate New York called Owego. Lived there most of my life. Now I live in the ass crack of the world Concord, NC.
YOU LIVE IN CONCORD TOO?!?! WHAT THE HECK IS THIS
As soon as I can amass some money I'm outta here. It is much to hot here for my liking. I can't take this 90 degree weather all year round.Wink
lol Well we did just have a foot of snow...a few days later its 80 degrees
I was born in Pakistan, but came to the US when I was 3 and have lived in Northern VA ever since. I've lived in Alexandria VA for the last 19 years I guess. I guess I'm about 5-10 miles from Washington DC. I don't live in the best part of town, but it's gotten better than it was when I was a kid.

There's actually lots of things to do up here if you want to waste time. We'd never think of hanging out at a Wal-Mart. We actually didn't even know what Wal-Mart was until like 5-10 years ago sicne that's when they built some up here. But they're still not all that close. We got a bunch of malls around here. I never knew this but we have the 10th largest amll in the nation, Tysons Corner. The reason I know this is because I saw it on the news the other day since they're building a new wing on to it and it will soon be the 6th largest mall in the nation.

No Nascar stuff or streets named after Nascar drivers or anything like that. That must bea southern thing because Nascar isn't very big up here at all.

Only problem up here is that cost of living has to be higher than it is for you guys in NC. Jobs, especailly IT jobs, have been kinda scarce up here as well since they've been laying people off the last few years. The real estate market is through the roof though and thats why I decided to try and become a real estate agent. Most houses have nearly doubled in value over the last 4-5 years. It's crazy.

Not sure what else to tell you guys. Weather changes with the seasons. so we get really cold in the winter and really hot in the summer. No tornadoes or hurricanes or anything like that to worry about up here though. what else sucks is the roads though. Since we do get snow and ice followed by nice weather at times, we have potholes all over the palce. that pisses me off. You always have to be on lookout for those in the winter months.
Hrm... home town... I've got three when I think about it.
I was born in Newberry, Michigan which is way the hell up north in the UP (which makes me a Yooper by birth).
Then my folks moved around a whole bunch until I was 7 and we landed in East Lansing, Michigan. This is the town that did most of the formative damage to me while growing up. There was a great deal of counter-culture stuff available to me because of MSU being right down the street. But it's also an agricultural university so I had lots of farmland to run around in.
Much more recently, I've moved to Hamilton, Ontario and I fell as much at home here as I have anywhere else I've lived.

So which is my home town?
The town I was born in?
The town I grew up in?
Or the town I currently call home?
Wow you guys live in boring places.

I live in Los ANGELES.Cool

Wheater is always the same warm. Been to Lakers games, Dodgers games seen celebrities seen driveby's also.:eek:

Nothing boring here there's always something to do. Been in street races heck even crash once in a wall I survived. But my car....
Born, raised, and still reside in Northern Minnesota. International Falls, that is. I'll let the New York Times take this one...

Quote:WHAT would Margaret Mead make of a tribe of 6,703 people that each winter celebrates its land as the coldest spot in the contiguous United States with an outdoor festival that features such rituals as ''Turkey Bowling,'' in which frozen poultry takes the place of bowling balls, and a ''Freeze Yer Gizzard Blizzard Run,'' billed as the coldest 10-kilometer race in the United States? (In 1987, that race was run in temperatures that plummeted to minus 28 Fahrenheit.)

But that's what things are like in International Falls, Minn., which hangs like a stalactite from the Canadian border, and for which ''Ice Box Days XXIV'' (to be held next Thursday through Sunday and not to be confused with Super Bowl XXXVIII) is a celebration of its idiosyncratic fame. Not for nothing, in fact, did the town fathers trademark the term ''Icebox of the Nation'' in the 1950's, thereby embracing its status as the punch line of weathermen from Maine to Maui, who each day let their viewers know there is always someone else in the country worse off than them.

It wasn't so long ago that even high-brow media venues like public radio's ''Car Talk'' would focus on International Falls, with residents getting their 15 minutes of fame telling tales of local inebriates urinating on their frozen car door locks to thaw them out.

Yes, I'm proud of my town...very proud. We are now internationally known as the town where people pee on their car doors to open them.
It's not so bad, really. I don't live IN the town itself, I live quite a distance away in a place which I refer to as The Middle Of Nowhere. I wish we had a Wal-Mart to be bored in, honestly. All we got is a K-mart, which is MUCH worse I think. Can you buy a book in our town? No. Nothing except romance novels, and the occassional Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter book which pops in on hype. Ya see, people here don't "read" that's too difficult. We used to have a Sam Goody in the mall...it's gone now. That leaves us with the major stores, K-mart and Menards. That's the best you'll get outta this town. You can't move without smacking into a bar, either. Economy: Forestry, Paper Making, and Tourism. What do I see as I look out my window right now? Lot's of snow and trees.

Weirdest part? I like it here. Go figure. Also, I got a good job, because computer technicians? I'm like the ONLY one.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I was born in Pakistan, but came to the US when I was 3 and have lived in Northern VA ever since. I've lived in Alexandria VA for the last 19 years I guess. I guess I'm about 5-10 miles from Washington DC. I don't live in the best part of town, but it's gotten better than it was when I was a kid.

I am sorry that you live in VA.. i just went through Norfolk on my way back to japan from Iraq and that place sucked.. Don't like some of the states laws there already just my little time going through there..

But i was born and raised in a small town called Heppner, Oregon my whole town has about 1400 people.. and i grew up on a Ranch.. ;o)
Well I will not bash anybody's live area's like some (and I believe most here would prefer to live in a place where every high speed car chase does not interupt are daily tv viewing)
But I was born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana. I nice sized city with the feel and look of a major one but with the kindness of a small town. (for the most part) But that is when I grew up there. Now the city is heading in a dirrection I no longer feel is me anymore. When some people want to put up Spanish Street Signs I get a little ticked off. If you live in America and want to drive you better be able to read, speak, and write english... oh and speaking it would be a great help as well. Hell maybe it is because if I wanted to live in japan that I would have to learn to the whole package to be a citzen... oh well. We have the Colts, Pacers, and the 500 & 400. Love my city just won't settle down there I guess...
Born in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Moved to Montreal when I was 8 years old. I love Montreal, a great city. Great night life, nice atmosphere not found anywhere else in North America. Love live frenchie!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5