Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anyone know a good Cd Ripper?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried two different programs, but neither rips the song very well, at the best setting (320kps) static feels the parts of the song that on the cd there's nothing, & it sounds like it's trying to play at the max volume my computer can handle, which results in the speakers making a drop out sound, but this is recorded in. Which the CD I'm trying to rip songs from is a Live recording (I think)
This is my first time ever ripping songs from a CD & I'm totally lost.
Anyone know a really simple program that can rip the songs just the same, or atleast without much difference than the CD copy?

Well, if you atleast read this, thank you for your time.
check out http://www.mpegx.com

its v good for all ripping needs

ie DVD,CD,VCD and encoding etc

jus check it out as my opinion of a good prog may differ from yours
Try their top downloaded ones as they tend to be the best!
thanks, already I've found two programs that say they can do exactly what I needed. Silly me was searching through c-net, which wasn't turning up to great of things.
All in a days work of your freindly neighbourhood Rav Wink
I like CDDA Ripper XP. It can rip to Wav, Ogg, mp3, WMA and ACM.

In terms of mp3, it rips using lame. I reccomend this for setting for CBR "-b xxx -h" where xxx is your desired bitrate, or this setting for VBR"-h --abr xxx" where xxx is the average bitrate. Also, if you play your mp3s on your computer only, then I would also reccomend using Ogg for encoding your music as it has better compression compared to mp3. Ogg q=4 is approx 128kbps, but sounds more like mp3 192 or 256.
I personally use CD-DA Extractor. Haven't run across anything it wouldn't rip so far.