Import Anime Forums

Full Version: which company is the best
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was wondering who makes the best imports (video quality sub quailty and audio etc) is it fx mac or mi or what or does it varie
generally it varies but usually fx sets are "da bomb", that is if your lookin for r1 rips. you best checkin out the reviews on this site for each set you wanna buy.
excellent thx it seems that way fx rox man this site is shuper swheet to boot
hmm i dont know, FX is great when everything works or they put the right discs in the cases heh. but if you want to have way fewer hassles id go for MAC. Cool
FX are really da bomb- so far about 1 out of three FX titles that i own- all have problems,-- they bombed ex.) Hellsing. Berserk, outlaw star-- they all either freeze up or wont play certain episodes-- It is true they have flashier packages, but for my money- I havent had any Mac titles that had problems -- thou some of their gatefolds are plain jane-- even thou the packaging is better for FX, Id rather have a better copy of the disc that plays with no problems then some nice piece of Art --- Thou to their credit a few of the titles are very good such as - Noir ---
thats not the disc problems its prob your dvd player
I find it hard to say there is a "best" or "worst" company.
They all have their strengths depending on which title you're looking for.

The best thing to do is to read the reviews for each title you're interested in and make an educated decision based on what people say.
actually my player plays fx quite well and there is alot that dont work and when i get a replacement disc it usually works when the other didnt. so i would say its a disc problem straight up. think about it they generally use the same type of dvd media for every title so they should all work if one works. its common sense
Well thats what i thought at first- but they have problems in my toshiba,my philips and my sons Xbox ( i know the X boxs primary purpose is not a dvd player ) i also have a computer dvd which will play just about anything. The Toshiba is a super player that was recommended to me to play stuff that other players have problems with-
I really think it odd that it hates FX in particular - im not saying this isnt possible, But discussing this with other HK buyers, I pretty much feel this is a quality control problem in China-that is sporatic--more than likey will be shortly resolved, or resolved in your discs because you bought them after mine . im not an expert at this ( dont think anyone is )
The price is good , but their quality is so so--at least in my books !
FX

Mac does some good things but not as good as FX, FX has better packaging and all round look and feel.

-LE
Fx in General Rules!

but i have a variety of Mac and MI releases and they Rule aswell...

guess it depend on what anime tile you are after, but FX is the safer Bet (esp for subtitles as they are rips and not Engrish) then Mac sets
I've learned to live with Engrish.
As a result, I have a great supply of series that haven't been released in North America yet (currently watching the Mac release of PataPata Airship which is really Engrishy but still worth watching).
To me it seems to be on a per DVD basis. I rate them all at the same level.Wink