Import Anime Forums

Full Version: some qns on magna internation dvds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guyz, i just got some dvds frm a building in mongkok (along nathan road) where r lots of anime dvd shops. i think the building is called sino centre
e boxes of the dvds i got do not have any name or logo of any company
but when i was watching, a green logo sometimes pop out, looks like that of anime internation
so are my dvds from magna internation?
thankssssss
Sounds like Manga to me. The big green "M" is a dead giveaway.Wink
so the covers need not have the company's big green logo?
Well, I guess that the important thing is knowing who made the discs, which is MI if you get that logo on screen. In theory it is posible that they put them in a gatefold of another company but that would be highly unlikely and MI doesn't always put their logo on their gatefolds.
YUP!!!
hey guys
thanks a lot
i might sound stupid but where is

"mongkok (along nathan road)"

I know its not in the UK thats for sure (hehehe)
I think that's a well known shopping mall in Honk Kong where they sell a lot of HKDVD's.
Quote:Well, I guess that the important thing is knowing who made the discs, which is MI if you get that logo on screen.

Not necessarily -- keep in mind that some HK DVD companies, MAC in particular, often rip from each other, including MI. Which means that it might say "MAC" on the cover, but the on-screen logos may be the big "M".
I don't think MI put their logos on their cases anymore.