Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are the Best Comedy titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey,

What are some good comedy titles i could look into?

Ive seen :

-Love hina
-Trigun
-I, My, Me Strawberry eggs
-FLCL
-Ai Yori Aoshi
-His and Her Circomstances
-Outlaw Star
-Burn Up-W
-Jungle De Ikou
-Please Teacher
-Automatic Madien

So does anyone have any other good recomendations?
****only dubbed titles though****

let em know.

-LE
too bad then, ur missing out on AZUMANGA DAIOH...
Hrm... dubbed comedies...

Photon: The Idiot Adventure is right at the top of my list for must see dubbed comedies. Easily one of the funniest series I've ever seen (and it's only 6 episodes long).

The other dubbed series I highly recommend watching is Irresponsible Captain Tyler. Great characters and also some good funny bits.
Golden Boy is a classic and the dub is very good.
Nadesico is great. And the dub is good...for a dub.
Dragon Half and Abenobashi are hilarious. But neither have HK dub sets.

Slayers is also good.
Irresponsible Captain Tylor should be #1 title on anyone's comedy list ;p that show rules Wink
Are you too lazy to read subtitles? English dubs are crap compared to their Japanese counterparts. Watch everything you have in Japanese, it'll be a whole new experience.
If you like goofy comedy Photon is a good option.
I personally prefer Video Girl Ai, as it has a romantic twist.
Both are 6 episodes long in a single disc and you can get the R1 version for a good price...
Now Robojack... let's not turn this into a sub vs. dub argument.
It's true that there are some great titles that are not available dubbed or where the dub job is done with substandard voice actors but Last Exile has made his preferences clear up front. Let's respect that.
Excel Saga is the funniest by far...but the Dub is probably the most annoying thing I've heard in my life.
AH! I forgot Excel Saga, I'm horrible.

and...Puni Puni Poemi should go with it...but it has no dub yet.
GTO.

It has an English dub, but I've no idea what it's like (other than it differs in some respects).
You all forgot about Gokudo Swordman Extraordinaire, that show really crack me up especially Gokudo attitude HAHAHAHAHA
Judging from your list, you would probably like Hand Maid May, It's similar to LoveHina and Ai Yori Aoshi. It's a pretty good dub too.
Pages: 1 2