Import Anime Forums

Full Version: JJ Quick Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
JJ just a quick one if i order Ranma(all 4 box sets (20 discs in total) will it be under the 2kg limit?
Just barely Smile
JJ are you sure that customs will believe that a 20 disc package is worth £20 or less? (thats $40 canada money) to be honest i usually dont risk any more than 10 discs.
well i declare it like 30-40.. the package itself is not that big... its all about it sliding without them taking an interest in it... i dont declare it as 20 dvds ... i just put down "dvds"
i might have to take a chance then to save me some shipping money, but as far as i know any package of value £20 or greater being imported into the uk from outside europe is charged 17.5% v.a.t and a £4-6 service charge that goes in the evil pockets of royal mail. i suppose if its light enough then it might be able to sneek through without gettin scopped but if they lift it then they are gonna be suspicious of a £20 price tag and probably have a juke inside.

on a lighter note, whats the most amount of discs anyone has ever ordered into the uk without gettin taxed by those scummy post office fuckers? (sorry im bitter cause hate me)
hehe, UK clients get nailed only if their pacakge is over 2kg most of the time... i guess on rare occation its possible to get under 2kg box taxed too
are you serious? looks like ive been giving you extra shipping dosh for nothin then, suppose you deserve it, keep up the good work!
what do you mean extra shipping dough? the additional 4 for internatioal orders is requirement, if your order 1 dvd or 10 ;p
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
what do you mean extra shipping dough? the additional 4 for internatioal orders is requirement, if your order 1 dvd or 10 ;p

hehe go back to math JJ..

2 orders of 5 discs each.. instead of 1 order of 10 discs.. Means he paid shipping twice when he could of got away with once.. ;o)
heh it doesnt matter ;p I loose money on internatioal shipping either way hehe
if its grater than £18 = import tax.

Forget that i got nailled £25.35 by UK Customs

My order Weighed 2.65Kg (thats what it said on the package- bt JJ says it was over 3Kg???)

anyway British Customs will Have your House if they Could!

GRRRRRRRRR
rav, i said that you need to keep packages below 2kg to keep it away from customs... if its 2.65 or 3 it doesnt matter ;p
rav96 how many discs did you order?
Yeah JJ i know! i know!

i've aplogised to you a sooo many times i forgot the newer $150-160 limit and did the old $200 one!

Major league D'OH!!!

oh and it was quite a few cant quite remember how many bt ive spent over $500 in the past month or so on anime!

My bank balance isn't gonna be a pretty sight (hehehe)