Import Anime Forums

Full Version: DVD Problem Check
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So...what are the signs that a DVD is errornous...or if it's just your DVD player?
Generally, you can't tell physically if the dvd is flawed unless it has cracks or scratches. Your dvd player(s) or your dvd-rom on the computer, so far, are the only equipments which tell u that the dvd has prb. Either the dvd doesn't load at all or it freezes/pixels/hangs. If you have more than 1 dvd player, check the dvd on all of them. Sometimes, certain dvd players just don't play those dvds.
So...say:
1)The problem only occurs during one episode.
2)DVD-ROM gives an error message on that episode.
3)one DVD player has problems witht that same episode, but jerks through it barely and plays the rest fine
4)the other DVD player makes very BAD noises trying to load the disc and won't play any of it.

I figure it must be flawed. I could try it on some more DVD players...but isn't a DVD-ROM supposed to play almost anything?
unless its getting close to its MTBF(Mean time before failure)
Quote:Originally posted by Owozifa
So...say:
1)The problem only occurs during one episode.
2)DVD-ROM gives an error message on that episode.
3)one DVD player has problems witht that same episode, but jerks through it barely and plays the rest fine
4)the other DVD player makes very BAD noises trying to load the disc and won't play any of it.

I figure it must be flawed. I could try it on some more DVD players...but isn't a DVD-ROM supposed to play almost anything?

Your figuration is correct then. The dvd has problems. The dvd-rom is supposed to play everything, unless it has prb itself too.:p