Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Lupin video game release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's the review of the new Lupin video game that is being released on the 10th.
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/489/489970p1.html
I've been looking forward to this for a long time and I'll probably still get it even though this review points out some major problems.
I'll probably get it when it goes on sale.

*into subconscience mode*

Disembodied Voice: Cheap Bastard....
Disembodied Voice #2: Penny pinching cheapskate.

*back to reality*

Because I lack the funds to buy a 50 dollar game (Still have to buy my copy of Crystal Chronicles when it comes out...)
Metal Gear Lupin looks cool, FF:CC was a lot better than i expected, if you have 3 friends with GBAs and Link Cables that is.
OK... I have it and can honestly say that this is a game only for Lupin fans. The game play is mediochre at best but they did a great job at capturing most of the characters and making a decent story for anime fans. The only exception to the good characters is Zenigata... for some reason they chose someone who has this really annoying nasal quality to his voice. It's like Zenigata is a whiner rather than an internationally respected police officer.

As a game I give this a thumbs down.
As an interactive Lupin story I give it a thumbs up.
So... I take it that it doesn't have a dual language track?
probably not, which sucks because that was the only thing that kept me playing the .hack games
Same here.
OK... so it's a little annoying that you aren't given the choice of Japanese dub... I don't care about that too much.

What I do care about is that I can't figure out the first damned puzzle.
I'm stuck in a room on the train with a bunch of statues, the pitcher and a nonworking control panel. I'm guessing that there has to be some way to turn on the control panel but I haven't been able to find a card key to turn it on with and I'm unable to move any of the statues. Touching the pitcher just fries me so I'm getting pissed off here.

Any help would be appreciated.

btw... I typically hate this type of game. I'd much rather have something with speed or puzzles that require thought and not just searching to find a clue (ICO was awesome).
Im passed that part but i dont get what your saying man.Well if your past that part i need help too i am in a castle and dont know how to unlock this one door...
Oh wait i know what your talking about now uhmm lets see... i remember only bits and pieces but i remember you turn the control panel on somehow i forgot how sorry but after that you use a certain order to turn them on then holographic images show up of the statues in the room then you drag the right statue into the holographic image and one you do that to all 3 holo images the lasers turn off....
Ok I remembered how to get the control panel working... you know that piece of paper you found with little nob pictures tgoing right or left etc?Well you go in one of the train rooms and press x to it and say flip the switch and keep following the directions on the sheet of paper and then when your done the globe will totally unscrew until you find that there is a card in it >.<
man i love lupin, any chance of a gamecube release? Smile
This is cool. I just found the forum for the Lupin Official Guide which has been put on hold.
Check it out at http://www.doublejumpbooks.com and look in the forums. The author has been kind enough to answer any questions people may have about the game.

This is super handy for people who are impatient like myself.