Import Anime Forums

Full Version: This title won the acclaim of the critics with Love Fantasy - My Beautful Girl Mari
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This title won the acclaim of the critics with Grand Prix at the 2002 Annecy International Animated Film Festival in France, one of the most prestigious animation award. I would like to find out what the fuss is about. Some images I found in the web suggest that it could be very good. Definitely a high-budgeted film and the story sounds like something along the line of Miyazaki's stuff.

Since this is relatively a new film, I haven't seen much reviews by fellow anime lovers. Has anyone seen this movie? And does anyone own a copy by Mac?
It's quite odd that no one has seen this movie despite some of the highest praises from critics I've seen (which got me interested in the first place). I just found out that ADV aquired the right to this title and planning for limited theatrical release sometime this year, followed by anime network broadcast debut and R1 release. I guess I will check it out then.
Maybe it being Korean in Origin and endorsed by a French Animation festival are two reasons why it isn't exactly really big here, considering that
A) Korean Film and ANimation isn't the most popular or easiest to find
B) people hate the french because of our current engagements in Iraq
C) I'm sure most people have never heard of the animation festival
D) Most foreign news doesn't travel to the US very well.
i bought it, paid a shiny penny for it legit and regretted it...

i fell asleep... it was about this boy named pablo... ya see... he had white hair and had trippin dreams about this dame named mari... he got caught 5 finger liftin and got smacked straight up the wazoo and blacked out. one day his poppa went fishin on a boat and got eaten by a huge octapus... then mari floated down into a light house and raised the roof! w00t it was hot shizzle fire...

ok it sucked... i forgot half of it... it made me sleepy...

didn't know the french liked it... mon ami oui! now i must burn it!

:mad: