Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Pixar is leaving Disney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Check this out Pixar is leaving Disney .

I know... I've posted a lot today... work has been super slow and I don't have much access to other things to do.

I think the biggest shame here is that Disney owns the rights to everything that Pixar has created so far.

The only up side is that Pixar doesn't seem to be running out of creative juices any time soon so we can expect a number of new movies worth watching from them in the coming years.
pixar leaving disney is a good thing. disney is a PC hyped garbage spewer.
yup yup I hate disney but loved Shrek...so i was ashamed hehe.. now i dont feel so bad knowing that shrek creaters hate disney too Smile
Shrek was done by Dreamworks... not Pixar.
They are working on Shrek 2 for later this year as well as another computer animated project called Sharkslayer that looks really good.

Pixar has The Incredibles coming out this fall and something called Cars in 2005 some time. These will be Pixar's last two movies with Disney.
Yeah, Disney's quality of product has pretty much bottomed out. I think it's a good move for Pixar!
here is a litlte bit more information
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/01...=97&tid=99
i guess what it basically boils down to is Pixar is unhappy with there contract as disney took a sizable portion of the revenue received from there films..
I'm a Disney freak, but I think it was a good move for Pixar. Disney's movie quality has come down a lot since it first started. I mean soo many freaking sequels to movies that were good on their own. Damn the new Disney!
I hate Disney. They are such money whores! They can't make an original movie anymore and always make everything so private. In the USA there are only 2 Disney FunParks and you have to have at least cable tv to watch any kind of disney cartoon unless it's a weekend on channel 9. You NEVER see Mickey or Donald or anybody anymore except on thet one 30 minute show on Disney channel. Why haven't they made another movie with Mickey or some really cool show with the real disney cast in it? I mean 1 crappy show on their exclusive channel doesn't cut the mustard! If Mickey and all the other DISNEY characters are so "cool" why don't we see them in new shows and movies and stuff? Crappy games and 1 crappy show and 2 fun parks ( that I have never been to ) are crummy ways of promoting your own characters.
I hate Disney.
I don't watch th Disney channel...it sucks major monkey balls!
Quote:Originally posted by Lonely_monkey21
I don't watch th Disney channel...it sucks major monkey balls!

*high fives*
isnt this very old news? i thought i heard it months ago, i also heard something about pixar and gibli making a movie togther, or it may have been pixar and miyazaki cant remember, its probably not true anyway
Until the 29th of January it was only rumour and speculation.
They have finally made it official.

As for a Pixar/Ghibli production I think that would be awesome and would do my best to be first in line at the release. Only time will tell.
With the shit disney (MGM) has been putting out to make the fast buck- would make Walt Disney turn over in his grave- theyve driven it into the ground-- Pixar is what Disney was 40 years ago-- good wholesome entertainment-- good for Pixar- Big Grin
sad and stupid move.
disney has closed alot of there 2-d animation studios in a few states and countries and this is not good to hear they are loosing pixar. they closed those studios cause 3d films were much better money makers.

i love disney and always will i am an artist that grew up on disney and will always have it in my heart. there films are great and the old stuff is pure gold! firsts in everything and hell anime wouldnt be here today with out Walts genius mind that came up with techinques and developments in animation.

it all started with them and i hope if it ends they will be the last as well.

-LE
I also like Disney , if for no other reason- or the fact that watching movies like pinochio or bambi are some of my most favorite childhood memories- these classics are second to none--But case in point, When Walt died their quality went down the tubes. In my opinion it all start with the Fox and the hound ( which was a disapointment ), sure fantasia 2000 was good ( as a few others ), but there hasn't been any really top, top animation since then. They have been putting out garbage, or at least something thats about half as good as their old classics. now mind you this is only my opinion , but Miazaki really carries the torch now , and Im not sure if hes going to drop it on this next animation, of Howls moving castle- Especially when its just about all CG ( we will see ? )-they may be surprisingly better !

Who can really blame Pixar , for wanting to make a fairer profit from all their efforts. Disney really isnt Disney any more - ever since MGM bought controlling interest in Disney and Michael Isner took the reigns- keeping Disneys Nefu Roy in there as a figure head was smart on their part- but he even recently bailed- because of all the crap that was going on. I like Pixar, and personnally think the new Disney ( MGM ) was like a mill stone around their neck- I cant wait to see what they turn out next without Disney-MGM , this will be a real adventure. Smile
Pages: 1 2