Import Anime Forums

Full Version: His Her Circumstances DVD Issue / Love Hina Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, yesterday I watched the first episode from this series (His her circumstances), it is very funny, and yet it is mature. The characters are well developed and the animation is varied.
I am thinking of ordering this series, but considering the nature of this anime, which is fast, the subtitles must have a good quality to keep up with the story. Reading upon reviews, it seems that that older ones report some problems concerning the subtiltles and a missing episode. But I guess they have corrected it.
Can someone confirm the newer dvds are in a good shape concerning the subtitles and chapters?
---
Another issue, this time abou Love Hina. I know both series are an romanticcomedy, but they are different, I watched the first two episodes from Love Hina, it is good, and it is funny. But throughout the series, does it maintain the humor, it is funny on later chapters? I know that this relative for each person... Does it become too sugary?

All of this because I'm somehow in doubt to which of the two I buy for my first order from here hehe
I'm also buying Serial Experiments Lain. and If theres money left FLCL.

Later!
Thanks for the help!
Make sure you get one of the Perfect editions of His and Her Circumstances and you should be okay. MI and FX have released such sets - R1 rips - and you'll be able to pick the FX version from here.

As for Love Hina it is very funny all the way through, but it is lightweight - don't expect the depth of His and Her - and there are a couple of filler episodes. Nevertheless, it's got a great Japanese cast if you watch your anime subbed (I've never watched it in English so can't comment), catchy tunes and it's a lot of fun.