Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Question about VHD Bloodlust FX Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, does anyone know for sure or not whether this new set by FX :

Vampire Hunter D Perfect Movie Collection

has the Japanese Audio for the 2nd movie, Bloodlust or not? I know that the R1's don't have it, so that would mean this would need to be ripped from perhaps the R2 or somewhere else if that has the Japanese audio on it... can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks...
The only place you will find Japanese audio is probably a Dub in Japan because that movie was released with English only because thats how it was Made.. it was then released in Japan with Japanese subtitles and then i think they where going to release it with a Japanese Dub. So my thoughts would probably say no it don't contain one.. but i don't know exactly..
Thank you, I was afraid of that... guess I should really resign myself to the fact that there will probably not ever be a Japanese audio track for Bloodlust... and I can stop looking for it... Sad
all i know is that the first movie is just terrible. yep.
this is a brand new release so FX might have but japanese voice in there aswell. i will check it out tomorrow and let u guys know

as for the first movie being terrible? it was great, I liked it alot, guess you are not one of those old school anime types ;p
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
this is a brand new release so FX might have but japanese voice in there aswell. i will check it out tomorrow and let u guys know

as for the first movie being terrible? it was great, I liked it alot, guess you are not one of those old school anime types ;p

Hey thank you JunkieJoe! I have both movies and I really don't need to get another copy if it doesn't have the Japanese Audio on Bloodlust... which from the sounds of it, it probably doesn't.... I agree, I liked the first movie, but I haven't watched it nearly as many times as I've watched Bloodlust, I just simply love the artwork in that one... it is just spectacular...
Quote:Originally posted by Amethyst
Hey thank you JunkieJoe! I have both movies and I really don't need to get another copy if it doesn't have the Japanese Audio on Bloodlust... which from the sounds of it, it probably doesn't.... I agree, I liked the first movie, but I haven't watched it nearly as many times as I've watched Bloodlust, I just simply love the artwork in that one... it is just spectacular...
Yea but i do see why you would want the Jap Dub.. It would be like having an English dub for most people.. Since the whole artwork was designed around the english dub.. and thats what its original content is.. Also for me i don't like how they "americanized" D in Bloodlust..
Quote:as for the first movie being terrible? it was great, I liked it alot, guess you are not one of those old school anime types ;p

Haha, yeah, I guess not... except for Akira. Well, I suppose I just like having a decent story to go along with my boring action. That's the reason I don't own Ninja Scroll either.
just checked the FX release dvd, the blood lust is english dub only, no subs included.
Am I the only person who feels that Ninja Scroll has depth to the story and the characters? I keep reading posts about people who say there isn't any story to it or that it's all flash and no substance but I feel that it is one of the better anime ever made. All the characters have motivations that hold up to scrutiny.

Ah... I'm just ranting again.

I enjoyed the old VHD when it was first released but I'd rather watch Bloodlust any day. It surprises me how often people post questions about a Japanese language version of Bloodlust. All the reviews pretty clearly state that the movie was originally recorded in English. Isn't the whole point of watching anime in Japanese so we can see it as it was originally presented?
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
Am I the only person who feels that Ninja Scroll has depth to the story and the characters? I keep reading posts about people who say there isn't any story to it or that it's all flash and no substance but I feel that it is one of the better anime ever made. All the characters have motivations that hold up to scrutiny.

Ah... I'm just ranting again.

I enjoyed the old VHD when it was first released but I'd rather watch Bloodlust any day. It surprises me how often people post questions about a Japanese language version of Bloodlust. All the reviews pretty clearly state that the movie was originally recorded in English. Isn't the whole point of watching anime in Japanese so we can see it as it was originally presented?

I agree with you all the way.. I loved Ninja scroll and think there is alot to the story also.. and i agree watch stuff in its orignal context.. but i am not going to argue about it because people like what they like.. I just find it funny that people will say they want to have Jap audio and subs because thats how it was originally.. but then when something is made in english they still want a japanese dub.. o well..
Bloodlust was some joint production and they did English and Japanese dubs at the same time. I believe there are two versions in Japoan on DVD - the Japanses dub and the English dub. Bizarre.

Personally, I can't stomach amine in english. Call me an anime bigot, but I have yet to see one I liked in english. Cadence is all wrong. Just doesn't have the same energy. Bloodlust was well animated, and the story was good I thought, but the english just grated on my nerves. It is lifeless.
Hey this has the earmarks of a dub vs sub thread
Lets just face facts people
VHDB was produced to be in english. It was made in America and the lines were concevied in English. Just because its anime doesn't mean that the language has to be originaly japanese, and that it will always be superior that way. Bloodlust is an interesting step in anime evolution. I hope to see more anime that sees the japanese artists and american artists working together to make great anime.
Oh, and the reason those lines are often lifeless is because the entire mood of that piece is somber and reserved. The actors are just doing there job, and well i might add.
Quote:Originally posted by Hidalgo
VHDB was produced to be in english. It was made in America and the lines were concevied in English. Just because its anime doesn't mean that the language has to be originaly japanese, and that it will always be superior that way.

You are right because bloodlust was released with English Aud and Japanese Subtitles in the theaters here.. And actually i have never seen a jap dub for it at all.. I don't know if they only put it if they aired it on TV or not..
I wasn't saying that there was no story in Ninja Scroll, it just seemed like it was very flimsy and mostly a device to move from scene to scene. Very formulaic.