Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Crazy Idea - looking for feedback.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That would be true if I were just collecting videos as data files.
If you look at most of the DVDs out there, they get a bit over 3 hours of video with heavy compression on a double layered DVD. That would make a bit under 2 hours of space available on a single layered DVD.

The average video length is about 4 minutes long... 20 videos at 4 minutes gives 80 minutes or just under an hour and a half.

This is the first time I've played with the compression settings so I was going for quality and to see how long it would take to burn. As I play around with compression a bit more I expect to be able to fit more videos on the discs and if I do make a final project, it would be on a double layered DVD. I figure I should be able to do about 50 videos that way while still maintaining high quality.

I am still new to this. Last nights DVD was my first ever. With some hard work and good advice from my peers I expect that I will get better at doing this as I go.
I've decided not to work on making a DVD of AMVs at this time.

Somebody showed me a distribution network via mail for CDs full of video files which makes it easier for people without high speed connections to get the videos.

I may at some time in the future work on making such a beast but from what I can tell, there isn't enough of a market to warrant the cost of making pressed DVDs at this time.

Thanks for the feedback though.
Quote:Somebody showed me a distribution network via mail for CDs full of video files which makes it easier for people without high speed connections to get the videos.

If you don't mind my asking...where can you get them?
Here's the URL.
http://homepage.mac.com/red_wolf/Distro/

If you don't mind waiting a bit for them by mail this guy is supposed to be super reliable.
Pages: 1 2