Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Dreamcast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, how 'bout that Dreamcast? Anyone make a better system yet? Nope, don't look like it.
Yep someone did, the same company when they made the Saturn. :p
lol, i hope you guys are kidding.
To be honest the Saturn had MUCH better specs than the PS1. It had a better 2d engine and an equal 3d system....I don't remember ALL the specs, but it was a better system hardware wise. Too bad the X-Box hasn't died like it did. I do agree...the DC is one of the BEST systems ever!!! I can't beleive the sound quality of that thing! And the King of Fighters games are PRICELESS!!!! Along with Street Fighter 3!!!
Psst... Saturn came out BEFORE the Dreamcast. Hence the yet.
Quote:Originally posted by ElVaquero
Psst... Saturn came out BEFORE the Dreamcast. Hence the yet.

But you said has anyone made a better system yet, when in fact it wasn't the best system from the start. Tongue Seriously though the Saturn is an RPG lovers dream, but the Dreamcast has some awsome RPGs too. Smile
And you didn't specify...did you mean a system with better games, better hardware, what exactly is so superior about the DC????
First to clear up grammar issues... has anyone made a system better than the dreamcast yet... sure that doesn't make sense, but what i'm saying is nothing that came out after it was better. PS2, Gamecube, XBOX... whatever.

Second, GAMES, Osamu, it's always about the games. The Dreamcast has the best fighting games, the best sports, the best multiplayer games, and some good rpg's, adventures, and action-ers.

I think the SNES is actually the best for RPG's (considering that it has both FFVI and Seiken Densetsu 3, my two favorite console RPG's). I am curious however, about the good games for the Saturn, cause I bet they'd be real cheap by now. Mmmm...
You'd be wrong there, Saturn RPGs are some of the highest priced selling items still. Shining Force III $80, Dragon Force $60+, Albert Odyssey 40+, Panzer Dragoon Saga $100+, there are lots more at these price ranges or higher also. X-P So burning the games are deffinatly the best option because they keep seeming to rise in price instead of decline.
Holy jesus, remind me not to get a Saturn without securing some burns first.

That's the thing I love about the Dreamcast, you can buy all the games available at the local used video game store for 5-10 dollars and download the rest of the library off eMule or Bit Torrent. What a lovely system.
Man the Saturn had a ton of Dreamworks RPGs. Almost every one of their games is a must have! I always wanted to play Legend of Oasis. It's not Dreamworks but it had to be way better than the original Beyond Oasis...which I proudly own!!! That was one of the best Genesis games and I always drooled over the sequel on Saturn. You should hunt that down too!
All I'll ever need is my Dreamcast and SF3:3rd Strike
pugmagician said:

You'd be wrong there, Saturn RPGs are some of the highest priced selling items still. Shining Force III $80, Dragon Force $60+, Albert Odyssey 40+, Panzer Dragoon Saga $100+, there are lots more at these price ranges or higher also. X-P So burning the games are deffinatly the best option because they keep seeming to rise in price instead of decline.

What about NEO-GEO cartridges? The range anywhere from 60-500 dollars! (Not exaggerating!)
Do more than 30 people own a neo geo?? It had some GODLY games! I wish i had one.
You'd be lucky if thirty people combined could find one let alone buy one and a couple of games.

By the way, did you know that EB Games still sells NEO GEO POCKET COLOR bundles? For 80 dollars, you could own the system and 6 games! Plus there is another bundle that has four games not found in the system bundle and it costs 40 dollars!!! Pretty sure that's how it goes...
Pages: 1 2