Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Any anime like EVA ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im just finishing up Neon Genesis Evangelion , was never into robot or Mecha stuff, but i love this series to death. Im curious if there are other great stuff like this out there. I have the first episode of full metal panic ( from newtype ) not sure of this ,thou it looks interesting. I also have Rahxephon ( early AV TV rip ) Any suggestions ? Big Grin
Also check out Vandread, another amazing robot anime. And Full Metal Panic is a very safe bet, it's superb.
i know you've already got it but i love rahxephon, even more so than evangelion. i can't wait for the movie to come out. you should definitely treat yourself to the fx perfect collection (if not the r1 release).

if you're looking for something *like* nge, do you mean totally metaphorical and philosophical or something with big cool robots that kick ass?

here's the related link from animenfo, from what other people have suggested: http://www.animenfo.com/related.php?cate...genesis_ev

and if you just want to watch a completely awesome anime you MUST get last exile. the first r1 disc came out in nov and disc 2 comes out in feb. awesome awesome series.
I reccomend FLCL. don't ask why.
Try Argentosoma.
My main thought about EVA is just that it was a fantasic series- i have always stayed away from Robot and mecha , because mostly its kids stuff with crappy storys. i really want a quality story and great animation -I have FLCL ( fantastic ) and I thank you all for the great suggestions you have- i welcome more--im getting impatient waiting for haibane remsei and the Last Exile - all thats available now on these is the crummy TV rips( other than the R!'s- that are not complete ) ) ( I have the tv rip for haibane remsei- poor quality rip but a fantastic series- not to sure how it is Dubbed ? ) again thank you all for your help ! Smile
Quote:Originally posted by puzzleguy
because mostly its kids stuff with crappy storys.

I'd have to tell you to try Mobile Suit Gundam -- it may be a mecha anime, but it's about war, with a deeper meaning. No religious elements to it, but it shows how war effects people. Older, seeing it was made in 1979, but still well worth it. MAC has just released a perfect collection of it if the dub matters to you or not. If not, pick up the movies.
Maybe JunkieJoe can order it for us? I'd certainly be interested in purchasing a perfect collection of Gundam 0079 TV, particularly if the subs are R1 ripped.
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
Maybe JunkieJoe can order it for us? I'd certainly be interested in purchasing a perfect collection of Gundam 0079 TV, particularly if the subs are R1 ripped.

the r1 release of the tv series was dub ONLY, so unless you have a problem understanding english dialogue you won't need the subs Smile the movie trilogy (which you can get for about $35 online) was japanese only with subtitles. and with it being so cheap you might as well just get the r1 release.
I'm pretty sure Animegod had listed the Gundam 0079 Perfect Collection as having both Japanese and English audio tracks. I highly doubt they would release something that was english dub only, since we Asians hate nothing more than have to listen to poorly dubbed english voices for half an hour straight.
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
I'm pretty sure Animegod had listed the Gundam 0079 Perfect Collection as having both Japanese and English audio tracks. I highly doubt they would release something that was english dub only, since we Asians hate nothing more than have to listen to poorly dubbed english voices for half an hour straight.

It's an error on the website, seeing it was straight from the R1 sets which didn't have the Japanese vocal track.
If you would like some funny version of EVA, I suggest DUAL. Kind of crossover between Tenchi and EVA.
U can give Escaflowne a try. Not totally mecha, but it has some mech type suits in it and the overall series is pretty enjoyable. There's a love story mixed in all the fighting and usual drama.
there is no anime like eva.

try eva director's cut.