Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Gundam 08th MS Team OVA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've always heard of 8th MS Team as being a 13 episode series. I've watched it on cartoon network, & was wondering, what exactly is the ova (from the Fx Perfect Collection)? is it just the 13th episode, or is the show really just 12 episodes & the ova something I wouldn't have seen on toonami?

Thanks to anynoe who wastes time on this question.
Actually, here's what it is.

08th MS Team is 13 episodes. Cartoon Network only played 12, and never played 13. 13 involved them finding Shiro and Aina in a remote cabin in the woods, and finding out Aina was pregnant. However, the episode also involved a bunch of kids who were Zeon scientific experiments, hence it wasn't shown.

The OAV is Miller's Report. It was actually integrated into episode 8 [I think it was 8] when the blonde woman was investigating Shiro [she was Miller]. The OAV is mostly a recap on the TV series, so not seeing it, you didn't miss much, considering they combined it into the one episode anyhow [giving the episode a running time of 40 minutes, if I remember correctly.]
Thanks, that explains a lot.

There never did to seem much of an ending, all I remember is like Shiro & Aina standing, looking out onto the battle field & I think Shiro was missig a leg. And I just thought it was only a decent ending, heh, never knew it wasn't the ending.

And was the Zeon experiments them trying to make New Types or something?
Actually, it really is only 12 episodes. The 11th episode (or Shuddering Mountain Pt. 2) is the episode where we see Shiro and Aina escaping after beating Ginias. Episode 12, "Last Resort" is where we have Kiki and Michel look for Shiro. This episode really adds nothing onto the series. It's a prime example of filler. If you only see up to the 11th episode your not missing much.

Miller's Report is exactly what Suzakuseikun stated it was. It's labled as episode 13 on the FX set. It really isn't all too interesting, but if you liked the series then it's worth a view.
Oops. Yeah. I had my episode count off by one. x_X

Also, it's never specifically stated just what the kids were. They were experiments by Zeon, yes, and more then likely they were part of Zeon's Newtype experimentation which later turns around to bite them in the ass. Artificial Newtypes, eesh.
The flanagin institute correct?
If it were put into the series it would seem to be the recap episode i think. But why would a 13 ep show need that. oh well, i think puttin it as a seperate ova or special was a good idea, though the catoon networks need to censor the show was annoying. Its war people, its not meant to be kid friendly!
we'll see more of this artificial newtype in Zeta Gundam
I remember watching 08th MS Team on the phone with one of my friends, & when one of the guys punched another & blood flew from the guy's mouth we started shouting, for it was the first time we had seen blood on cartoon network.