Import Anime Forums

Full Version: nyxcalm reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem with this guy's live action movies reviews.
maybe he didn't understand what's the purpose in reviewing hk dvds here, writing your own opinions about the goodness of the movie isn't exactly the point. we (at least I) want to read about video/audio/subtitle quality. then you can tell your opinion about the movie itself. Isn't there a way to delete unuseful reviews?:confused:
What may be considered not useful by you, may be considered a god-send by someone else looking at the titles. He provided ratings, and while he didn't really give us a break down of why each rating was given, he still took the time to write those reviews.

Quote:Originally posted by valentina
writing your own opinions about the goodness of the movie isn't exactly the point

The reviews don't have any guidelines, do they? He is simply doing them in a different style and actually trying to let us know why we should or should not purchase the various movies. This (in my mind) would help a consumer, much more than some of the other reviews that contain "Video is perfect!". If you look above, he did rate the several different qualities of the dvd's and just because he didn't do them in the style that your accustomed to, doesn't mean that they're bad or wrong. Would you have been more pleased if he wrote "Video is perfect, Audio is perfect, Subtiles are perfect" rather than letting us know about the "goodness" of the said movies?
I agree with u about the rating of the audio ,subs ...
stars are enough for me but copy and paste just a part of a review from an another web site is not as useful as the link in my opinion.
I had no idea that the reviews were copied from another site, from what valentina had stated above, I was led to believe that nyxclam had posted his own opinion (unless the reviews found on those various sites were originally written by him). In that case, I would find the copying of another persons review to be inappropriate, but I stand firmly on my previous statements concerning the style of the review.
lol those weren't my reviews, and yes i did copy / paste them here as comments, with my own rating of what i thought of the discs.

i don't get anything out of this, and i don't care if it gets deleted. i wouldn't want to leech kfccinema's bandwidth or just leave an URL.

this is so that shoppers had some idea to pique their interest instead of a blank empty entry. hey at least i tried to help, better than your unuseful VOID of itchin' there

NYxCALM your nipples, it was general reference for titles that had 0, nada, zippo, zero, zilch comments/summary, hence why i did what i did. all to help the site out AND might i add, this is a hk dvd scene, where people rip right? well thats what i was doing, there is no honor amongst thieves... i mean hey, i didn't watermark the reviews now did i? i didnt take credit and when asked i told the inquisitive how it came on about

CTRL C + CTRL V

Big Grin

the dvds you buy here, are derived from that concept so i don't know what you're hyprocriting about

again, NYxCALM your nipples gents, before you start flipping out. HK METHODOLOGY BABY Cool
quote from your review of "storm raiders" : "The subtitles on the VCD version are not so good, they are very small and hard to read but we must mention that at least we did not have the white on white problem."

And about writing informations about the movie, there's just the "add synopsis" space, where usually others put CREDITS to the web page they got informations from.

Enough said, if other people here are too lazy to find a proper summary/commentary around the web, I'm not between them, and I expressed my disappoint.
Big Grin thank you valentina, that was actually constructive criticism. i fixed the offending review in question your mighty pasta highness. :p

i didn't know that italians in italy lead such VIBRANT lives hehehe. Thanks again and remember, this is the hk dvd scene, where people rip and copy. im just trying to help, so... CIAO! Wink
Valentina - I find it odd that you have started this thread given your reviews. The first live action "review" I looked at was one of yours for Kairo. "And such" to describe the extras? I love that film. I have an official non spec ed release of it and was wondering what was better about this one. What extras? Was it anamorphic? Screen shots would be great - anime is pretty hard to screw up picture wise, but a dark horror movie is another ball park. The official disc I have suffers a bit in detail, and is not anamorphic.

I would appreciate it (and I expect other prospective buyers might) if you could address it. And given this is a title the site owner has in store, I'd possibly buy it if I had more info on it. Not just (quote of full "review"):
"great idea to start with, but it loses its promises on the way, I felt watching this movie. The dvd is great, with extras (like Cannes Festival's showing and such) and a lovely menu. "
I'm sorry but as I said I didn't enjoy the movie that much to watch the extras too. If you check my others review you'll find out more details. As for technical aspects, I put 5 stars all the way because I found the release perfect. no missing subs, no mess with the video and the audio, as I instead noticed on the glitched "uzumaki".
Should I repeat again? If I put 5 stars it means 5 stars (of course IMHO), if I put 3 it's 3: it's not that I didn't watch it and just copy reviews for videocds from other websites.

on a side note: I sold my Kairo copy some time ago, so I cannot help you to check the stuff you need to know.
Problem is, without actually quantifying ratings they mean nothing. For example, take the reviews on this site for Macross 7 Part 2. The Anime Cartoon edition of it gets a higher star rating for picture than the FX one, but the damn text of the review indicates that the picture of the FX version is superior.