Import Anime Forums

Full Version: DiscountAnimeDVD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone ever heard of this place and know whether or not they're worth buying from? They were like the second place that popped up in import anime search and they look like a decent place... though no instock thingies to ensure whether they have things or not...

Just asking since the zshop in Amazon fell through or something...
I've ordered from them twice, and definantly will again.

Their DVDs are usually pretty expensive, so I usually just buy mangas and japanese candy from there, and the occaisional DVD when I feel like it.

I ordered from them and got the package about 2 days ago, and I have to say...

GET POCKY G! It was soooooo good. And so is Hi-Chew Cherry and Peach. But PockyG was great! I wish I had more of it. Definantly try it out. And also get Crayon Shin-Chan manga. Big Grin

They do list SOME things as a preorder (HK DVDs) but you can't tell if you search for it. Like R.O.D. TV was a preorder, but it didn't say that so I had to wait until they replied telling me why my order was backordered.

Get pocky pocky pocky!!
I bought like 4 soundtracks and something else from them a LONG time ago and was quite happy with what I got. I recomend them as well!

OH I remember!!! It was FLCL back when only like 2 people had it out of all the other places like I-A! Yeah I got FLCL about a year and a half before the States publicly knew what it was!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master

And so is Hi-Chew Cherry and Peach. But PockyG was great! I wish I had more of it. Definantly try it

Hi-Chew orange is the god of them all! It is probably the god of all candy chews.
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
Hi-Chew orange is the god of them all! It is probably the god of all candy chews.

My friend ordered it (we ordered at the same time) that Blood Orange one, but that was one of the damn ones to be backordered as well (also the Lemon Cola one) or else I woulda tried that....

Well, Hi-Chew really should be brought over to the US! Opinion, though.

For what it's worth, D.A.D. is VERY good at packaging, and their soundtrack selection is great. Gotta love that Kindaichi movie soundtrack I picked up two copies of.

If there's something you want, you're safe to get it.-
I ordered Ranma 1/2 the holiday album...it has a song for every month so there is a valentines song, christmas, thanksgiving...
I also ordered Berserk, Akira, and Nadesico soundtracks!! Man was it ever worth it!!!
If your looking to buy r1's at a mild discount or anything but anime their fine, but they dont seem to understand what being competitive with their prices means. Their expensive on almost everything.
But their manga has great prices.
i have ordered something from them, still waiting, but i blame that on christmas, so i dont have anything bad to say yet
But their manga has great prices.

Provided it's not backordered for 4 months!! I ordered manga from them, a large order, over $200 on Oct. 19th, and the first 7 volumes of Sailor Moon have been "temporarily discontinued" and won't be available until the end of February!! Took them almost 3 months to admit that.... So it's a real toss up as to whether saving a couple of dollars is worth the hassle of waiting 4 months or more for it. Now you would think they would update their web site to reflect shortages like this... but Noooo.... They have 3 of the volumes, but if they send them to me, they have to cancel my order for the other 4 because they can only send out 2 shipments per order.... (bite me) A previous order of Dark Dimension Zero 1 & 2 being backordered for 2 months and they didn't know when it was going to be available, so it was canceled... Right Stuf has those listed as out Dec. 12th, but they are still on backorder on my order as well... don't know what's up with that one...
Sailor Moon, yeah that's a tough title. But with everything else they are really a good service. Their shipping never took longer for a week for me.
Sailor Moon, yeah that's a tough title. But with everything else they are really a good service. Their shipping never took longer for a week for me.

For the most part, yes, however it wasn't just one order, it was several, and it wasn't just Sailor Moon, it was Dark Dimension Zero my daughter ordered two months prior, plus something else she ended up picking up here locally, and she had to wait for Pocky, it was backordered. They held up my order for a good month before finally shipping what they did have! They also charge your credit card for the total order, (which means you can't contact the credit card company about not receiving the order after 60 days, but they seem eager to refund your money if you want to cancel out the order, shrug) unlike Right Stuf or Deep Discount that only charges it once it is shipped and only for the items shipped, so if you're waiting several months for something, you don't have to worry about not getting it since you didn't pay for it anyway... Don't you think they should make notes of not having specific titles available on their web site for months? I see Sailor Moon (1-7) is still listed as available, so is Dark Dimensions Zero and neither one of those titles are in stock... and as for the Sailor Moon ones, they won't be in stock until the end of February... and who knows for the Dark Dimensions Zero. I don't know about anyone else, but when I order something from a web site, I expect it to be available to be shipped to me, not have to wait 2 or 4 months for it... which means I will think twice about ordering from them again.
i have never ordered from them but the thing i hate about them is how they put the Retail Price on HK dvd's and then there prices.. which is bullshit.. to me it looks like they are lieing to there customers to get them to buy stuff.. but thats only on there HK stuff.. since R1 actually do have a retail etc.. And like i said i am only stateing this by looking at there site..
Yeah, I've only ordered from them twice, and just because my orders got through fine doesn't mean everyone else's will have. I don't like ordering DVDs from them since their prices ARE high, even with a discount.

I mainly buy from there for the snacks, and while I'm at it I pick up some mangas.
I bought R1 Nadesico and R1 Bubblegum Crisis 2040. Cardboard box was used and a low value was declared as per my request. Parcel delivery period was no different than delivery from other US HKDVD reseller. It would be my choice to buy R1s from.
Pages: 1 2