Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Play Station 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm... I hear it's going down in prices and I guess that means I might... might considering buying one...

Squaresoft was the only reason I ever bought the first one and I own every single title squaresoft released for PS1... every last one... even the really bad ones like Chocobo's Dungeon 2 ;p~~~

So... if I were to get a PS2... what games has Squaresoft released for it so I can continue my zealot's practice of owning all Squaresoft has to offer? I know they had Kingdom of Hearts, FFX and something called the Bouncer but I haven't been following Squaresoft since I bought the Final Fantasy Chronicles (I believe the last Squaresoft game to be released for PS1)
WHEN YOU BUY YOUR PS2 MAKE SURE YOU GET A VERSION 9, SOME STORES STILL HAVE THE OLDER VERSIONS STOCKED, IT SHOULD HAVE A YELLOW STICKER IN THE CORNER OF THE BOX WITHA PLUS ON IT.THEY ARE NOT SQUARESOFT ANYMORE, THEY ARE SQUARE-ENIX, DOSE THIS MEAN YOU HAVE TO BUY ALL THE ENIX GAMES AS WELL?

THEY HAVE ALSO RELEASED FOR THE PS2-

UNLIMITED SAGA
FFX-2
FF11(UPCOMING)
FF12(UPCOMING)
GRANDIA XTREME(ENIX)
ROBOT ALCHEMIC DRIVE(ENIX)
DRIVING EMOTION TYPE-S
KINGDOM HEARTS 2 (UPCOMING)

SQUARE ENIX IS ALSO NOW RELEASING GAMES FOR THE GAMECUBE AND GAMEBOY SP.

WHAT DID YOU HEAR ABOUT PRICE DROPS? I JUST BOUGHT ONE LAST WEEK! HOW MUCH IS IT GONNA DROP?
Bouncer is supposed to be NOT GOOD.

Another good upcoming RPG would be Star Ocean 3 by Square-Enix. I would highly recommend Star Ocean 2 if you have never played it on the PS1. It has an awesome battle system where you actually control the characters, and it plays like a button mashing fighting game where you can do insane combos! No waiting for your turn in that game!
bouncer was one of the best looking games of its time, however its only about 10 minutes long...ok im exagerating, its really about 45 minutes
........max, and there is no real gameplay to speak of, just fighting and .....well fighting, you dont even get to open doors, and your fighting robots. personally if i built a robot i would arm it with a weapon off some sort (e.g. a laser, a gun, missle launcher) not program it with mad-karate-chop action, but thats just me. star ocean seems to be an aquired taste, alot of people i know say that they diddnt like it, but they have all played the hell out of it, i know i have and i cant wait for the new one to come out.
The thing about Star Ocean 2 was it had 80 ENDINGS!!!! Depending on what you did and who you talked to throughout the game! It was mad fun though.
I prefer the "Tales of.." games.Wink
It's not a Square game, but I would recommend trying out Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits for PS2. You will not be dissappointed. Wink