Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Final Fantasy 7 Revamped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone heard any more on when the new updated version comes out? What system it's on? Anything? I need to know!!!! I hav had Sephiroths music in my head for days now (Thanx Kakoi) and want the new one so bad!! It's probably got like another year I bet!
There really isn't gonna be a full fledged sequel to the game, but Square is in fact making a one hour CGI movie to follow up on the events after FF7. It's called FF7: Advent Children...looks pretty good too.
its supposed to come out on the xbox... but ive not heard much about it..... its got lost in the world of development Sad
Xbox? u shitting me ;p
nope it was true... i dont know what happened to it, it has seemed to have disappeared..
Yeah I saw that trailor for the movie. Sephiroth and Cloud look SWEET!!!
I heard that it was made not only for the follow up to the game but to promote an updated version of FF7. I heard they are supposedly updating the graphics and adding special stuff to it and release it on GC, XBOX, PS2, PC and stuff. But I don't know if it is a rumor or not. And I forgot where I read that.
I had heard a while ago that they're redoing the entire series for the ps2, starting with ff7, which they showed off at some industry convention in Tokyo a few months ago. Since then I've heard nothing else.

Hope that helps...

-K
Hey thanx Ed!!! I'll DEFINITLEY look into that!!!
there was info on what happened to FF7 revamped in the offical xbox mag a few months back.... its was the american edition though so i dont know the info...
Supposedly, it's for PS2 and comes out in the summer alongside Advent Children. Game Informer brought this up -- but mentioned nothing of the upgrades. One of the guys who used to be in our DeMolay chapter was hired by Square as an intern and told me that Square wont even give information to their interns -- it's a game staff-only information feed.
Well, as remakes go, right now on the agenda is the FF7 CGI movie. It is called Final Fantasy: Advent Children and I have a feeling you'll see it here on import anime and other retailers to import around Summer 2004.

If you are waiting for an actual gaming release, it will be sometime. At first square was interested in making updates for FF7 and FF8 for the PS2 with 5.1 sound, updated graphics and all the trimmings, but those plans have been shelved for a later date. The people that worked on the games (producers/programmers) back in the day are still very interested in making updates to their classic games, but you won't see any on the PS2 since it is backward compatible. Since the FF titles are greatest hits and are still selling well for the PS1 in Japan and America there is no point ot relasing remakes on the system. Look for remakes on the PS3 or other next generation systems.

Don't despair though, with the release of Final Fantasy X-2, I beleive this trend to make direct sequels will continue. I say lets get some updates or sequels to the classic FF games, like FF 4 (2 US) and 6 (3 US). My favorite FF is FF7, but could you imagine if they redid those SNES FF's, god I can't even imagine what Cecil and Kain would look like.
fyi, playstation 3 will be backwards compatible...

http://uk.playstation.com/news/newsStory...cale=en_GB
About the CGI FF7...I already saw the trailer for it a LOOOONG time ago from some Japanese site. Man it looks sweet.
Quote:Originally posted by furii
fyi, playstation 3 will be backwards compatible...

http://uk.playstation.com/news/newsStory...cale=en_GB

Yes, furii this is might indeed be true, but I was alluding to the fact that there is still A LOT of interest for ps1 games at the moment, and when that dies down or out, that is when a remake would be valid. I'm sure it would go the same way for ps2 games: prices go way down, greatest hits etc, then people will start to buy those instead of the older ps1 titles and eventually the companies will stop production of the titles and viola remakes become valid.
Wow, with the number of rumors we have compiled in this thread alone, one of you has to be right. I just pray that it's not an XBox exclusive. That would really suck.
Pages: 1 2 3