Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Macross Plus Perfect Collection - Does it exist?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wondering if there's been a R1 rip (video and subtitled) of the Macross Plus OVAs. All the ones I've seen only have Japanese audio, and non-R1-ripped subtitling.
Not yet, but Manga is re-releasing the dvds in late January at a reasonable price. So you might want to pick them up then.
It would be nice, I'd like a 2 DVD set, movie version on one disc, ova version one the other. Heck, maybe if they like crazy DVD authoring skills put both versions on 1 DVD with seamless branching.

Manga is going to re-release? Are they going to do anything new to it, like put a bunch of different types of useless audio tracks, make it widescreen for the fun of it. I hope not.
No, putting all 4 OVAs on one disc isn't such a good idea, since it'll be prone to pixelation, something that has no place in Macross Plus, with it's fast-framed action. I'd gladly pay for 2 DVDs, rather than have them fit everything on one DVD.
Putting all 4 OVA episodes on one DVD is a brillant idea. The R1s were on DVD-5. If they get rid of all those useless Manga Ent. previews and trailers, only keep the Macross Plus related extras (which wasn't much) they could fit all 4 episodes and both audio tracks on a DVD9 with zero compression, video will be exactly the same as in the R1s.

I realized the couldnt put the movie together with the OVA on the same disc though, the movie version was sub only and the subs were hard coded on the pciture.

I don't knowa Perfect Collection will happen though, it is a pretty old reelase so if someone wanted to do it they would have already done so.