Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Has anybody played FFX-2 yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How is it? Is it as good as FFX? Is Yuna all cheesy now that she's a pop star/bounty hunter/whatever it is? I've been lusting for this game since finishing FFX, but now I can't even tell if it really resolves the storyline or what?

Thanks in advance,
-K
I don't personally own it yet, but from what I hear from my friend, the gameplay is as addicting as Final Fantasy Tactics. The battle scenes are a lot more fast paced with multiple characters being able to hit an enemy at the same time resulting in some pretty cool combos. I have heard that the story is a bit weak however and the game is totally mission based...

As for story details, I really don't know...but from what I understand, it is more like a reunion of all the FFX characters instead of an epic sequel with a deep plot.
I have watched my sister play it and am getting it for christmas. I personally really liked it. It's not meant to be really serious, it's meant to be alittle, what's the word... fluffy maybe? It also seems to be geared more toward a female audience. They collect pretty outfits and change them during fights, kind of like a fashion show. Yuna is the sweet one, Rikku is the cute one and Paine is the cool one. You have to chase down chocobos and cactrots and there's even a neat mini-game you can play throughout the game, though the card game in FF9 is still my favorite. Very good game from what I've seen, totally worth your money. Smile
Ive got it.After watching the startup i was having serious doubts about it but having played it for about 25 hours now im absolutly loving it.I enjoy it alot more than ffx.there is alot more freedom to it.The battles work on an active system as default which is real good.When your bar is full its your turn, if you dont hurry the enimy just keep on having their turns so the fighting is alot more fast paced and i find that im not getting tired of the repetivness like in other final fantasies.The game is short as im on the last chapter but i havnt completed all the mini quests which there are alot of.Do everything (mini quests not involved in main story) in each chapter as things change between chapters and you may miss something.The game is very fluffy/girlie but it grows on you.They act very school girl giggly at times.And the girly limp wristed run of yunas is hilarious.The freedom comes in that at the map (list of places) you can choose to complete the next part of the main mision (which will be highlighted) or you can go anywhere else.at most stages through the game there is something to do almost everywhere.so there is always plenty to do.The main missions also come in multiples eg there might be three missions to do on the map but one is very hard (they have difficuly ratings) so you just do the other missions first to build up your character.
ff12 is looking alot cooler though.
Thanks for the insight. Got it for xmas and I just finished moonflow. It is kind of cutesy (the opening movie is hilarious. charlies angels, final fantasy style!) but i like it so far. the dress spheres thing is taking some getting used to though. it kind of reminds me of the gf training from ff8.

Anyway, thanks again for the info. I'm off to the djose temple!

-K
this game is fun but if you ever had the urge to dress up barbies and have them do some damage this game is priority one!!!. for me this game is about the fan service. but hey if your gay go for it it seems like a bible for such. have fun. actually i had more fun with metroid prime...
I'm only a couple hours in, but I'm already enjoying this more than FFX. Just seems more fun being able to pick where you go, etc.