Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Brand new Set up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just put in a Philips/Magnavox stereo for an auxiliary set up. Plus it's got a sub woofer. How can you tell? The room rattles when I turn the volume up half way 8O . I have one of the speakers resting on the top of my DVD player. It only weighs 5 lbs. but does anyone think it will fuck up the player?
It may, just depend on how thick the casing is on your player. For me I never stack anything electronic on another electronic. If that helps.
Heh Heh, my DVD player is stacked on top of my VCR. I have an RF modulator on top of the DVD player (not worried about heat because the RF modulator has "legs"). The speaker has been replaced so it is on a ledge (and half resting on the RF modulator).
I got a new 20" Samsung Flat TV just for watching all my anime DVD.

I just to use an RF modulator, since my old TV doesn't have any A/V input. Now it's hook up to an S-video input. This is probably my best investment.

Now the quality of the DVD video look 3x better.
I can imagine. Congrats, on the set up.
Steve it's not the heat you should worry about with stacking speakers on electronics. It's the large Magnet inside the speaker that can fuck thing up, sometimes in can loosen the connections internally on some electronics, and if too close to the tv screen it can cause distortion!! :evil: :twisted:
I'm not really worried about heat. I'm worried that the bass will rattle my DVD player too much. But then again I don't use the sub woofer that much. Only while listening to techno and club mixes. :mrgreen:
Steve,

Tuck the subwoofer into a corner... it will work just fine anywhere in the room. The sound is omnidirectional and will pass through just about any furniture you may have.

Don't place speakers too close to your electronic equipment. Sound waves are essentially vibrations. Imagine those nice, delicate electronic components rattling around the inside of their cases when you're listening to your techno. I recommend at least 3 feet away for the subwoofer and at least 6 inches away for the smaller speakers. These are just rules of thumb but a good base line to start from.
I'll take it into consideration. Thanks for the help.