Import Anime Forums

Full Version: ichi the killer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is based off a manga and spawned an anime so I thought this was the right forum to post it in. I have recently ordered this film(the live action uncut one) off the internet. I like the directors other movies. Fudoh full metal yakuza, dead or alive so I got it. Upon further research(i'm not squimish at all) I began reading about this movie I felt sick. I feel like watching this movie will rob me of some I will never get back. A piece of my soul or if possible some innocense still intact that could only be stolen by something horrible. I feel like I will be a worse person by seing this. Dirtier and stained. Is it that bad. anyone. Are the rape scenes as bad as I imagine or am I just running wild with this??? Please tell me how bad it is before I order it.
Its not bad in the psycological sense as in you won't have any bad dreams. The rapes you are talking about are not long nor visual. Its just this chick that gets beat up by her pimp for not making enough money(and its suggested that she likes the beatings).
For the rest its just a very gory movie. Lots and lots of blood and bodyparts flying around. It does contain the most visual torture scene I have ever seen but this is done to a guy who has it comming to him. The story is quite good as well, good charrecters/actors and some nice plot twists and a sick sense of humor(bodybuilder mentor). If you like movies with short fights and lots of blood than this is for you. If you have a weak stomach, then stear clear of this one. It's up to you, good luck.
Funnily enough I was a little apprehensive about watching Ichi and this was the UK cut version.

However, on watching it I did not find it stomach-churning in the least. If you'll excuse the term, I would describe the violence as 'comic book' and exaggerated so much as to be nonsensical. I don't like gory movies at all, but I didn't bat an eyelid watching this and at times was even bored. In my opinion, the denouement of Audition is far more terrifying.

Like Miike himself, the only parts I found unpleasant in Ichi were the acts of violence towards women - you'll see a little more of that in the uncut version.
great I can't wait to watch it. I guess I let my imagination run a little bit to much. I geuss nothing could live up to what I was expecting.
I just finished the movie last night and didn't find it as unpleasant as most do. I was really only upset with the ending, because it left me going WTF?!
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
I just finished the movie last night and didn't find it as unpleasant as most do. I was really only upset with the ending, because it left me going WTF?!

There's actually a good thread on theories regarding the ending for ichi on http://www.imdb.com.