Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Lain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ello,

Anyone know any series like SErial Experiments Lain? I heard Key metal idol is in the same genre? is that right?
It's not as weird as Lain. But I thought that the melancholic mood was comparable, with the isolated main character being unable to make social contacts. I would guess that if you liked Lain, you'll also like Key. Well, I did.
The animators that did Lain also did Boogiepop Phantom, which doesn't have the same premise, but is even darker and has a convoluted storyline like Lain. I also started watching Haibane Renmei, which is slower paced and has a more lighthearted atmosphere.
I know the folks that did lain also made Niea under seven as well as Haibane Renmei ( Haibane renmei is one of my personal favorites )( Niea under seven is also enjoyable- more like a 7 out of 10 score, where Haibane renmei is a 10 out of 10 ).
Smile
Oh yeah I forgot about Niea, it's also supposed to be a cool and laid back show...
Yeah, Niea was nice too. Not as "dark" or weird as Lain, but it also has the character design by the guy that did Lain (can't recall his name). Kind of melancholic comedy. If you can stand watching 2 1/2 episodes w/o subs using the English dub, then you can consider getting the MAC set.
Just read some info in a magazine. The guy behind Lain, Haibane Renmei and Niea_7 is Yoshitoshi Abe. And it seems that he and the other people behind Lain teamed up again to do Texhnolyze. So maybe this series could be interesting. I think the first 4 eps are out on HK DVD so far.