Import Anime Forums

Full Version: "need help from Gundam Wing Fans"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, can someone please tell me if the ending from the Tv serie is the same from the one in the Manga. I also want to know what other Gundam series are good besides Gindam Wing and G gundam.
Small note: Gundam Wing and G Gundam are probably two of the WORST Gundam series you'll probably ever watch. What ever gave you the impression that they were GOOD to begin with? Just pick from any other Gundam series, particularly UC Gundam titles, and you'll have a much better time. Gundam Wing was made to attract female audiences, hence the young, almost girlish-boys. G Gundam was an attempt in cashing in on the super robot type of genre. Neither captures the genuine feeling that you get from a regular Gundam series, so to answer your question, ANY Gundam series, besides the ones you've mentioned, will be great. In particular, Z Gundam and the original Gundam (1 year war) series are classics, still unmatched by any newer Gundam series. Gundam SEED is good if you want a more modern feel, but I feel some of the UC titles still are by far better.
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
Small note: Gundam Wing and G Gundam are probably two of the WORST Gundam series you'll probably ever watch.

First off, stop being the typical UC-L33t jackass, please. Wing was made for males, it was still a Shounen series. It had different character designs so that the bishounen main characters might bring in a female audience. And guess what? It did. And it made money. Bandai was happy. Tomino was happy.

The ending of Gundam Wing TV and the Manga are very close. The difference is that in the manga, Zechs actually helps destroy Libra with the pilots, using the Epyon with one arm. [All the pilots fire the twin beam rifle.]

Ignore those who will be immature and call you an idiot for liking two AU series. G and Wing are fine series. G is regarded as the worst of the Gundam series because it was a base off of the SRW culture in Japan. However, G was not cancled [like X was] and that should tell you something.

Get the Gundam movie boxset, and then pick up 08th MS Team FX. 0083 FX is a fine set [people complained of problems, mine seemed fine.] Zeta Gundam MI and ZZ Gundam MI are good sets too. I'd get the Char's Counterattack R1.

If you liked Wing, try getting Gundam X MI. Gundam SEED was a good series, but I would wait for a better boxset.

Also, let people know when they tell you to watch a UC series over the AU series like Wing -- they're all the same friggin' timeline [Officially] as stated by Tomino in Turn-A Gundam.

Watch whatever Gundam makes you happy, honestly. I liked G Gundam a lot, and I'm still reading the manga and rewatching the series. Just enjoy the goodness that is Gundam, and ignore the AU bashers.
Turn A's attempt to blend UC with AC was bullshit. No true UC Gundam fan will acknowledge Turn A's storyline. It was just a pathetic attempt to make things match, which they don't. Don't use to say that AC is just as good as UC, cause nothing will make it so.

Either way, my recommendation still stands. The main UC Gundam storyline far outrivals that of any AU Gundam series. Not to be offending, but most of us who've watched Gundam as we grew up will agree that Gundam Wing is not worth the toilet paper we wipe our ass with. Only those who've watched Gundam Wing as their first Gundam series (probably on American TV) will actually appreciate it, since they don't know better.

"One man's garbage is another man's treasure." This says it all.
Turn A's attempt to blend UC with AC was bullshit. No true UC Gundam fan will acknowledge Turn A's storyline. It was just a pathetic attempt to make things match, which they don't. Don't use to say that AC is just as good as UC, cause nothing will make it so.

because we all know the UC gundam ACTUALLY happened and we all accept that, right?

Either way, my recommendation still stands. The main UC Gundam storyline far outrivals that of any AU Gundam series. Not to be offending, but most of us who've watched Gundam as we grew up will agree that Gundam Wing is not worth the toilet paper we wipe our ass with. Only those who've watched Gundam Wing as their first Gundam series (probably on American TV) will actually appreciate it, since they don't know better.

I got a chance to see 0079 and W, and I think they are both a good series. they both have their low points and their high points, but considering UC had been milked pretty hard, AC was a breath of fresh air with new people mechs etc. had they decided to make Gundam W coincide with the UC timeline, would it have been that much better? No, it would be exactly the same. By your argument, had V Gundam and Gundam W been exactly the same, V would have been that much better since it was UC, even though it did take place much later than the last Gundam Series (like 50 years I think). So, getting bent out of shape over a Gundam Series solely because of what timeline it exists in seems to be rather, well, stupid.

The Gundam series I heard the worst about are:

F91: Widely regarded as the worst movie ever, Gundam-Wise.
0083: Muddled and Confused plot
ZZ: Kiddy pleaser at the beginning but redeeming later on

Also, I found the few episodes of G Gundam I saw online kinda boring. My advice is to try out the 0079 movies, which are made from the original MGS TV series.

However, it was officially written and published by Tomino as part of the timeline. You don't have to accept it, but it is out there and officially blends the timeline. I don't really think Tomino cares if you hate it or not. :P

Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
because we all know the UC gundam ACTUALLY happened and we all accept that, right?

*Laugh* This is one of the typical "jump on the bash-AU Gundam" bandwagon statements that you're replying to. I love how it's regarded to as if it happened yet it somehow DIDN'T get documented in history.

Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
F91: Widely regarded as the worst movie ever, Gundam-Wise.

Well, the worst Gundam movie known to all mankind isn't F91, it's G-Saviour. :P
l thought Gundam wing was brillant, l must be stupid thenRolleyes
You got it!
I enjoyed Gundam Wing and I grew up watching Gundam since I was 4 and I have to agree G-saviour was the worst Gundam movie ever. Gundam Z was probably my favorite ,but that is my opinion and it may vary from what you like FFXno1. But if you enjoyed Gundam Wing and G, hey more power to you!!! Who gives a fuck what other fanboys think
You got it!

ho ho ho you're really funny, what don't you taking your little pissing contest elsewhere.