Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Neon Genesis Evangelion FX help!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can someone pls tell me which version of the 3 fx dvd boxset of Neon Genesis Evangelion is best in video and sound quality.
If you want to know which is best in video/sound quality, it is without a doubt the MI 5 disc set ripped from the new Renewal DVDs. Only problem is subs aren't that great and only japanese audio (not an R1 rip) but for that video quality I plan on buying it. The set is not their R1 rip, which is that ice blue cover.
are you sure is all the fx version not better than MI version?
MI version is thew reneweal version, it has the ebst video, sound and extras!!

The subs aren't as good though, l wish DVD_Master did a rip for FX. no doubt loads of people will buy it
but if i want to get a fx version which version is best then?
Quote:Originally posted by yakumo
The subs aren't as good though, l wish DVD_Master did a rip for FX. no doubt loads of people will buy it

I ASKED, I thought it would do will to do a 1:1 copy of MI's set but replace the subtitles with good ones, but he didn't think it would sell well.

I thought FX only had one set. Either way, they'd be rips of the same disc, so choose whichever you think looks better.
but is the fx set not remastered?

"New set from FX, remastered?"

http://www.import-anime.com/index.php?pa...em_id=2646
Doesn't seem like it really is FX at all, read the review's last sentence. FX ALWAYS has their logo at the back towards the bottom.
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
Doesn't seem like it really is FX at all, read the review's last sentence. FX ALWAYS has their logo at the back towards the bottom.

Hm, I thought they had been removing their logo from all their new products, but you could tell by the number on the side of the case?
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
I ASKED, I thought it would do will to do a 1:1 copy of MI's set but replace the subtitles with good ones, but he didn't think it would sell well.

I thought FX only had one set. Either way, they'd be rips of the same disc, so choose whichever you think looks better.

yeah l heard, that was a great loss l thoughtSad
Not to worry yakumo, since Mac use it often enough anyway. Big Grin

The 3 disk fx is tv series only. 4 disk fx is the movies as well.

I think a renewal set with the R1 subs & eng audio would do very well. Since their version would be the current ultimate version so to speak. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by CrayonShinChan
Not to worry yakumo, since Mac use it often enough anyway. Big Grin

The 3 disk fx is tv series only. 4 disk fx is the movies as well.

I think a renewal set with the R1 subs & eng audio would do very well. Since their version would be the current ultimate version so to speak. Big Grin

l bet even HK haters ie AOD would buy this set!!Wink