Import Anime Forums

Full Version: First impressions of Budokai 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somehow this game got leaked on the net and I was playing it the other day..

Graphics : 8.5/10

The graphics look slightly better than the previous game...The producers actually decided to give the boards backgrounds this time which is always good so you don' have to stare at the sky...I think even some clouds were added too if I recall correctl..Also, now the boards are interactive so you can kick someone through a mountain sort of like the recent X-men game that came out for the ps2 awhile back...overall, the graphics aren't as sharp as Guilty Gear but remind me alot of the Naruto graphics because they look just like the characters from the show...I think these type of graphics are called " cel orientated/shaded".

Sound : I dont even know...how to rate this one...I guess I wasn't bored or trying to put the game on mute while I was playing so I guess this aspect of the game was ok..The voices from the show are all there so I guess that's always good Smile

Gameplay : 10/10, if you are looking for an easy game to pull off moves...People who like the fighting engine of the Naruto games will know what I mean..The moves came out easy for me and I didn't have to worry about entering the command to perform the move at lightning speed....Of course if you hated the fighting engine of the first one then I guess your score should be now lower than 6/10.

Some comments: I recommend this game and this its going to do well but like always people will slam it because its DBZ..I'm not going to say its as good as Guilty Gear but this game you will 1) Enjoy if you liked the first or 2) Hate it because its not that much different than the first game..If you're curious about this game than rent it or download it whichever is more convenient for you Wink
Didnt much like the first, I prefer Legends. Im actually more interested in Taiketsu. Not the controls really, I just always saw it as a souped up Final Bout. But Ill give this new one a try. Maybe theyll finally get the idea of a good DBZ game right.

Oh, and by the way. You could kick people through things in the first one. Ive been known to kick Vegeta through mountains for kicks. Though, the XMen game took that premise to a whole new level. First was more like DOA. You saying you can kick people through various different places now instead of just one?
I think you can kick through multiple places...I dont really remember ^_^
Alright here is my big question. Are the voices in japanese or english? When it was originally being produced the voices were all in japanese. I'm really hoping they are.
Not a chance Kakoi... the game is being imported to Japan from the US the voices are all english. And I just love how I just got the first one for my gamecube with the Cell Shaded graphics, that aren't in the PS2 version but are now being used on the sequal...
A man can dream right?Sad Big Grin Big Grin