Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Cool Anime...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
I'm a big fan of Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, and i was wondering what other animes you think i would like? I also like War Craft 3 and Morrowind as games if that means anything to you(if not you should check them out they are awesome). The college i go to doesnt have too many anime fans running around. So any direction you might be able to point me in would be great.

Thx a bunch!! Big Grin
Flcl.
Outlaw Star--similar to Bebop

If you like fantasy, medieval settings (since you like Warcraft and Morrowind), try Record of Lodoss War. It's kinda like LOTR and is an anime classic, though it is kinda showing its age. I would also highly recommend Nausicaa--probably the best Studio Ghibli movie. Ever.
Well, IMO you have got the best that anime has to offer in your collection. Seems we have the same taste. I will recommend Escaflowne, Ayashi No Ceres, Blue Gender, Gatekeepers, Hellsing, Irresponsible captain Tylor, Nadesico, Neon Genesis Evangelion and "Now&Then Here&There(=highly recommended)".

Also Outlaw star is very good and if you can stand bad subs and like fighting anime, check out my content review of Grappler Baki on page 53 of the "What are people watching" thread.
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic

Also Outlaw star is very good and if you can stand bad subs and like fighting anime, check out my content review of Grappler Baki on page 53 of the "What are people watching" thread.

Actually, just like bebop, i prefer outlaw star's dub better...those it's rare that this is the case.
You should also check out Samurai Deeper Kyo and Saiyuki. Those are two of my all time favorites! Wink
Try Fushigi Yugi if you like epic storylines. =) If action's your thing, check out Initial D. If you're interested in all sorts of Genres then lessee.. Try Card Captor Sakura for Mahou Shoujo excitement.. Try Maison Ikkoku or Kimagure Orange Road or His and Her Circumstances for romance.. Check out Ranma 1/2 if you like martial arts comedy.. Emphasis on the comedy. =) Check out Kodomo No Omocha, Digi Charat, or Excel Saga if you just want something insane. And if you like giant robots.. You'll prolly need to ask someone else cause that's not my thing. Wink
u might have already seen:

Great teacher Onizuka
Full Metal Panic
Chobits
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Naruto
Ai Yor Aoshi
The irresponsible Captain Tylor
Nadesico
Vandread
Tenshi Na konamaiki
Get backers

If not ...

ps: if u need more info go to: http://www.animenfo.com
other titles you may like are : Witch hunter Robin
Lain
Vampire princess Miyu ( Mistress)
Haibane Remsei

Vampire princess Miyu, is a bit dated but a good Set. Witch hunter robin is also very good- some folks think theres not enough action in there, but the stories and how they develop the characters is very good- its one of my favorite. Haibane Remsei is a fantastic story about angels that is super fun ( the sound track is so fantastic I picked it up ) Lain is by the same folks who did NIEA under seven and Haibane Remsei, Its very good, a little strange but very unique-hope this helps.

A thought for you might be to start a anime club at your College, I know its not to hard to get a room for meetings at schools- see if they have a TV and a DVD player on a cart- and show off some of your stuff to other students, you may be surprised how many of them already are into Anime and they think like you, that theres not much interest in it- who knows what can happen- by the way, dont advertise that your stuff is Region coded 0, until you get it going- alot of schools wont allow that, im sure you have alot of R1 stuff- start with that. Smile
you should try blade of the immortal or inuyasha