Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ask for feedback on what users want for features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Allright after a long break from working on the site.. since i was almost sent to Iraq for 4 months.. I am wanting to start working on the site again.. so here it goes..

Ok i am just wanting to know what type of feature users would want most on Import-anime. Right now i have in the planning to try and get some feature done with the site.. Hopefully by the years end but i can't promise anything.. ;o) Some things that i wanna get done are..

Own Cart type system.. This way we can keep track of items alot better since when they are sold they will automatically be removed from the site.. So don't have to rely on the main guy to remove it after its sold. And with this.. Users will get to see status of there order.. Like pending, Shipped etc.. all with email notifications..

Privilaged Reviewers.. Basically there reviews don't need an approval from the admins.. Also possibly have an Icon next to there name showing that people are approved reviewsers..

Also on the reviews have options show people can check what the review was done with.. Like a HDTV, PS2, or on Computer etc.. just so people know a little bit more on how the review was based..

Also make the I Own this item more useful as allowing it to show if you want an item marked as wanting to trade etc.. And possible if you own in in R1.. Just for helping out trading etc..

Also if other people would like some different things post them here so that i can see what everyone would like.. I can't say i will do everything people post but other ideas are always welcome..
I posted this in the "How about a list of..." thread a couple of threads down. Copy and paste:

"I have a problem with items I requested. Lets say I request three box sets. Then one arrives and I feel like I have to order it because if I don't someone else will snatch it. Then I order al kinds of shit to make up for the shipping (keep the cost per disc low). A week later another requested item arrives and I do the same thing.
This brings you alot of money and gets me alot of shit I didn't plan on buying (but that's my problem) but I would rather have a posibility that requested items are held untill all requested items are in (possibly pre-paid items). This is a lot to ask but it would be REALLY helpfull on getting what we want. Is this possible in the future or even possible to implement?"

The site http://www.imports.be works with this kind of system already. You can request items from a form and when they arrive you get an e-mail and you have three days to claim your titles before they go on to the site. If your entire request isn't in at one time you have to e-mail him and ask if he will hold it till the rest arrives.
It's not prepaid over there (which would be the most helpfull, but most difficult feature) but you know for sure that you get the items you requested asap.

In short: a way to request items and be sure to have all the items shipped in one order.
Quote:"I have a problem with items I requested. Lets say I request three box sets. Then one arrives and I feel like I have to order it because if I don't someone else will snatch it. Then I order al kinds of shit to make up for the shipping (keep the cost per disc low).

I've done the same thing a couple of times because only one of a few sets I ordered comes in with a few days or weeks inbetween them. So by the time they all come in i've spent too much money and my wife yells at me to stop it so I can't get the rest of my requests.

I agree whole hearledly with elcoholic about the holding requested items...if it can be done it would be great. I doubt we are the only ones who think so.

^_^
I'd like that idea too if it was somehow implemented. Big Grin

A cart/account system with reserve deposit, or something along those lines. With a [better buy cause you requested this and I held out for you when I could've sold it to buyer x-y-z clause]

:p
Same here ,
it would help me a lot to buy more items i'm really interested in .
Well the reserve part is.. Your items if JJ would do it would have to be held until all of them came in.. Because like Amazon and those we have no way to charge extra shipping for more then 1 package.. And we can't calculate shipping times for stuff thats not in.. But i am open to ideas on how this could be implemented better via script.. and the site..
One thing I was thinking of for the "own" category would be to look at a list of all the titles at once (like in the reviews section) and just check off boxes on one side rather than having to look at each title and click an individual button.

I know there are a few people other than myself who have a fair sized collection of HK anime sitting on the shelves.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
One thing I was thinking of for the "own" category would be to look at a list of all the titles at once (like in the reviews section) and just check off boxes on one side rather than having to look at each title and click an individual button.

I know there are a few people other than myself who have a fair sized collection of HK anime sitting on the shelves.

Hum that wouldn't be a bad idea.. Cause for some its heard to put the items in one by one.. I don't think it would be hard.. but i would have to find a way to have an option to turn it on or off via the User Panel.
Two things I would like-

Option to add the cover picture if it has one of those 'IMAGES UNAVAILABLE' pics there. It'd be nice to make an unavailable image open. You might want to have to have it approved, though.

Not for the users, but just wondering, do you ever backup the reviews? In the chance something happened, it would be horrible to have all them lost.
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
Two things I would like-

Option to add the cover picture if it has one of those 'IMAGES UNAVAILABLE' pics there. It'd be nice to make an unavailable image open. You might want to have to have it approved, though.
Well this if you have a place to put the image you can use the report error link on the item and tell us.. and with this we might be able to store the picture on a Item Error then move it over once approved..
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
Not for the users, but just wondering, do you ever backup the reviews? In the chance something happened, it would be horrible to have all them lost. [/B]

Yes our host does backup's and i also do manual backups of the data.. So there are always plenty of backups of the data. Since with the site we have about 40megs of data in our database now..