Import Anime Forums

Full Version: GP32Emu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just skimming the Board, stumbled across a thread where this was mentioned. Went to the site, read up alittle, mainly skimmed, had no idea what was going on.
http://www.gp32emu.com/
Can anyone tell me what this is, what it does, why I would want it? It appears to be an emulator of sorts, running various consoles, but how does it do? Can it do GBA? Is it worth the money? Is it a FlashGBA kinda deal? Any and all information on this would be greatly appreciated.
I belive it was my post you read, I think I'm the only one here that has a GP32. Anyways a GP32 is a handheld system. This system has its own games as well as the ability to play emulators and roms that people design specificly for it. The system uses SmartMedia cards, so there are no expensive flash linkers to buy. So far it supports up to a 128 Meg card because of the the voltage limits. Emulators that are close to full speed are NES, Turbo Grafx, Game Gear/Master System, SNES is very close, There are also other vintage systems that are near full speed as well. Also another cool thing about it is there is a program for it that you can use to watch video on it using a program called GPCinema, the program only costs about $8 also. On top of all that it aslo has a built in MP3 player fuction, and a damn good one I might add. The system costs $150 for the non-lit unit and $210 for the front-lit one. If you want to get one though I'd hurry and do so because there is only 800 units left until Spring of 2004. The 2 best places to buy from are Lik-Sang and Play-Asia.com. If you want to know anything else about it just let me know. Also there is an emulator for it, you can find a link to it on the http://www.GP32emu.com.
Can it play GBA games?
There is an emu out there for the GBA, however it is rather slow at the moment. Hopefully in the future there will be a faster one, however I don't believe there will ever be one that will run games at full speed.