Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Mario Party 5....conclusion: it's perfect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, in this one, they took everything good about all the Mario Parties and put them together. The graphics are nothing short of amazing, using smooth, bright colors, enourmous detail, and great great graphics.

There's tooons of games, of all kinds... all of which are new (well, at least 90%).

Plus, there's a new type of Story mode. Instead of facing off against three other characters, you go against Bowsers 3 kids (horny little turtle, isn't he?) who all roll at once (it's so wierd) and the object is to make their coins hit zero.

As if that's not enough, there's two other special modes. One where you can play Ice Hockey, one where you can play Volleyball (all of them CAN have twists) and one different type of board game that is FUN!! Then there's a battle mode where you buy parts to vehicles with money you earn by playing mini-games. I haven't completly built one yet, so I don't know what happens, but I'm eagerly anticipating.

They got rid of the Donkey Kong character (though he does appear on the board, but no one's yet landed on it so I don't know what he does) and now made Toad, Baby Bowser, and Boo (!) playable characters.

Really really fun ride, here. Huge array of color and detail, quick loading for mini games (what made Mario Party 4 sometimes an annoyance) and best of all, very VERY fun and original mini games that really hooks you. Try it right now! Complete with Rumble-pack action!!
Yup i just picked it up .. and had a look at it.. it is awesome so far.. I can't wait to get a group down and start playing it with 4 people..
Aweeeesome. I was looking at Mario Party 5 at the store, and having bought Mario Party 2 and 4 already, I wasn't sure if I should get it.. but after reading your review, it seems like a must .. I guess I'll get it for my brothers for Christmas .. :p

Thanks a lot for the review! ^_^
There is only one thing about the Mario Party games that erks me. The fact that if someone lands on a battle square (like in Mario Party 4) and it says everyone has to chip in 50 coins, and I am the only one whom actually has 50 coins, so I have to chip in fifty coins while some people get away with putting in 10 coins. If only it gave negative money to the people who didn't have enough coins, then the game would be perfect.
Oh kakoi do you lose the battle games...He He
Just don't ask Rob about hidden star spaces he
get's all anger like and green skin... LOL
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
There is only one thing about the Mario Party games that erks me. The fact that if someone lands on a battle square (like in Mario Party 4) and it says everyone has to chip in 50 coins, and I am the only one whom actually has 50 coins, so I have to chip in fifty coins while some people get away with putting in 10 coins. If only it gave negative money to the people who didn't have enough coins, then the game would be perfect.

That would be no fun! Then once someone hits -50, or eve -20 they'd want to quit because 'they don't see the point in continuing'

This way, you never know who can make a comeback, which is what the Mario Parties are about! Besides, 80% of the time I win. Big Grin
It just seems like I put in all of the money for the battle games. I think it would be fun to have negative money.Big Grin Actually it would mirror real life too much.Sad

Don't get me started about the hidden star blocks. I was playing Mario Party 4 with my brother and a friend the other day and he landed on TWO secret star blocks (I did promptly make a visit to the Boo house). It was his first time playing the game too.
Well, I'm pretty sure there are no hidden star blocks in 5, only 20 coin blocks.

I'm still against negative coins. Big Grin

Though I wish they would remake some of their better games for #5.... Mario Party 4 had some really good ones, mainly Dungeon Duos and the Story Mode ones.

if they combined all the best ones from the past 4 with new twists or concepts, there could be over 200 mini games, and THAT would be fun.
My wife absolutly love the Mario Party series, I'll probably end up getting it for her for X-Mas. Then I won't have the TV for along time, lol. Anyways I've always enjoyed playing them also, you can really get caught up in any of them.