Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Motto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, what is ur motto in life or for life, mine is LOOKING GOOD AND SMELLING NICE
Ummm... Life's too short not to own a Chinchilla!!Big Grin
An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth. (Hammurabi's Code)
Quote:An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth. (Hammurabi's Code)

i thought it was from the bible
Nah, the Bible's is "Turn the other cheek"

Mine would have to be my state's Motto "Live free or die!"
Quick, someone name the State!!!
It doesn't sound right in english but it comes down to "I don't HAVE to do anything". I found my natural responce to people telling me I HAVE TO DO ...... is "I don't HAVE to do anything", there's ALWAYS another option, even if its not pretty and logical, but there always is.
I hate people telling me that I HAVE to do something or else...
I prefer asking me to do something. I don't know if this qualifies as a motto, but its how I live and if you wanna make me mad, tell me I HAVE to do something.
Quote:Originally posted by Ka-Talliya
Nah, the Bible's is "Turn the other cheek"

That would be Jesus, however, the God of the old Testament would be just a tad bit different. Eye for an Eye is Machiavelli.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
That would be Jesus, however, the God of the old Testament would be just a tad bit different. Eye for an Eye is Machiavelli.

http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/MESO/CODE.HTM

That's the code. Read numbers 196 and 200. How you gonna try correcting on my own motto?
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/MESO/CODE.HTM

That's the code. Read numbers 196 and 200. How you gonna try correcting on my own motto?

oops, forgot Machiavelli was Ends justifies the means. However, the thing about the quote is that it's also in Matthew 5:38.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
However, the thing about the quote is that it's also in Matthew 5:38.

That, I wouldn't know about since I don't read the bible (I'm assuming that's what Matthew 5:38 is referring to). But since Hammurabi was around in 1750 BC or somewhere in that time frame, I'll attribute it to him.
Quote:Originally posted by Ka-Talliya

That would be New Hampshire. =)

I don't know that I have a cute little phrase, but I guess my motto would be to live life the fullest, and if you love someone, make sure you treat them well. Don't put off your dreams till tomorrow, because life's not like an RPG and you never know when the HP meter will run out.

I guess that's why I got myself to Egypt when I didn't have a lot of money, cause you just never know when the opportunity will come again. Japan's next. Wink
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard . . . :p
Mine is Monkey See,Monkey shall not do,but monkey shall go mount a hot babe while watching anime.
That's the greatest motto I've ever heard!!!!!!!!
If at first you don't succeed. Failure may be your style.