Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Maison Ikkoku
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone seen the series. How many episodes are there and is the video and subtitles any good. Ive read the Manga but cant seem to find any information about the Anime.

Thanks!!
There are 96 episodes and more than enough reviews of the HK sets in the DVD Reviews section.
Oops!

Missed that reviews, thanks for the info.
The video and subs on the MI set are superb and the series itself is a must buy. It's Rumiko Takahashi's masterwork and is about as close to a perfect romance series as you're ever likely to see. Buy it. Quickly!! Big Grin
I fully agree with Shibo. the subs on the HK were very good. Buy it now!!!
Its the greatest love story ever told, as far as anime is concerned. There are 96 episodes and a live action movie. The MI set is great, but Ill admit I'm a fan boy so I got the viz release.
Yeah, I got the MI one and am buying the Viz ones as they release them. I'll end up sellling my HK boxset once Viz finally releases all 96 episodes. If they ever do get around to it.
Hi

i am currently watching it now, though i read the manga a while back. As far as the anime goes, its quite good, but the manga is better (in my opinon).

As well as the live action movie, there are three oav's as well, two of them are just bits taken from the seris but one of them is an actual new story
Ive made an request so now Im just waiting for it to drop in.
Hopefully it wont take long for them to order it. Does anyone
know how long it usually takes before they get an item thats been requested? Not to long I hope cause Im really eager to get my hands on this one after all the info Ive goten on it.

Thanks for all the info:
Mr Unpatient
JJ usually orders from his supplier at least once a week. When the stuff comes in is another story entirely. Ideally in another week or less. Patience is a virtue when it comes to HK orders, as JJ's at the mercy of suppliers and they're not exactly as reliable as a legit business would be. But fear not. Your stuff will come. I have stuff on order as well, and I'd like my stuff to come in too. Wink
I was just hoping I could get the stuff beffore christmas. I live in Sweden so it takes roughly three to four weeks after Ive posted the Moneyorder before I get the goods. I usually order from Cookiejar and there they use Express mail and that usually takes 2-2,5 weeks alltogether. Judging from what I pay for shipping here at IA they dont use Expressmail. But as you said patience is a virtue(damn it).Sad
Quote:I'll end up sellling my HK boxset once Viz finally releases all 96 episodes. If they ever do get around to it.

Just make sure the Viz DVDs have the Gilbert O'Sullivan opening and closing in episode 24, and one of his numbers near the end of episode 27. The VHS version had his songs removed, as Viz was too cheap to pay for royalties. Maybe it'll be different this time, but it'll be next week (11/18) before we find out.

If they are removed again, you may want to find a way to copy those 2 episodes from your HK set before selling it.
I thought it was Simon and Garfunkel?? I could be wrong. I'm not really enough of a purist to care about the opening/closing for 1 episode out of 96. But I know that alot of other people will care. Rightstuf just shipped mine so I'll find out in a couple of days.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I thought it was Simon and Garfunkel?? I could be wrong.

Definitely Gilbert O'Sullivan. I heard 'Get Down' more than enough times on the radio when I was a kid.
I was reading some of the threads on AoD. Some people have already gotten their sets and have said that it doesn't use the Gilbert O'Sullivan songs for episode 24. So you still get the regular ending/opening from Viz.