Import Anime Forums

Full Version: 2 new cd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just bought 2 new cds and i taught i should shed some light on them just in case there are any fans in here.
1. Wyclef: This is awesome, all the track are the track al good, i ccan say he put the HIP in hiphop any clef fan must get thisit is better than the last one which was about himself.
2. Ja rule: This is good but i am not really feeling it that much,my own problem about the cd is that the track are too small 10 songs plus 3 skit i only like 2 tracks as per now but maybe it will grow on me.
Well if anyone has bought any already holla at me lets talk about it.
Auugh, Ja Rule. I hate rap, and if I have to listen to another one of their songs..... :mad:
Unfortunately, I must concur with DVD_Master. I really dislike rapand the things the rap music industries seem to promote!
:mad:
I like rap that shows technical skill, a good sense of music, decent lyrics and most of all on beat. If you listen to most current rap songs, they all sound like they don't have any rhythm. While everyone and their mother would like to say that white people don't have any rhythm, any current rapper seems to have no rhythm, plust no skill.

As for Current CDs I've bought, I recently picked up these 5 CDs:

Garbage - Garbage: Masterpiece in Industrial rock and roll. Lots of great hooks, plus good drums (real and synthed)

Simon Says - Shut your breath: Medicore, but still containing some decent songs. Sounds like angsty teenagers.

Filter - Title of Record: SWEET!!! Buy this CD. Same as Garbage, only they sound a lot like Soundgarden, which equals bonus points, since Soundgarden is my all time favorite band

Filter - THe Amulgamut: Just like the previous, only many more of the songs are really rough and not completely to my taste.

The Urge - Receiving the gift of taste: One of the few ska acts I can swallow, they are really cool because they don't sacrifice heavy guitar and still mesh it with the brass (most other Ska bands sound so wimpy).
Wyclef rules. He is something different in the world of rap. Very good lyrics and original beats. I have the cd with the track on it he sung with the Rock ("it doesn't matter" is the track, don't know the cd name.) One of my favorites because it has a song for every mood I'm in.

Is this new cd anything like the one I have and what's it called?
I alos like the cd that contain "it doesn't matter" mostly this track "perfect gentleman" now that was good. This new one is also in the same rank as that cd if not better, because in this i like all the tracks in this cd so i would say it is better for me, and it also has another disk tha contain video footage, and in there there is an extra song, and wyclef also does a little freestlye.
Im not really a fan of Ja rule, but I am going to pick up the Wyclef cd.
I'm not really a rap person. I don't really care about how much money they have, or how many women they've slept with. But as for recent CD purchases:

R.E.M.- Best of.. I absolutely love REM, so this greatest hits CD really gets a 10 out of 10!!

The Used-The Used.. The only bad thing about this CD is that my mom won't let me listen to it in the car:p

Glassjaw-Worship & Tribute.. Haven't really taken to the album as a whole yet, but there are definately some songs that make it worth listening to.
Quote:Originally posted by Lonely_monkey21
I'm not really a rap person. I don't really care about how much money they have, or how many women they've slept with.

I know exactly what you mean. Commercial rap sucks but Wycleff raps about important issues like racism, politics etc. His lyrics are very good IMO. Try him out some time.
i like gangstarr and talib kweli.
I've heard some of Wycleff's stuff. It's not bad, but I'll stick to Glassjaw.
I remember when I used to buy 2-3 CD's a week..Man, I miss college/High school days. back in the Nirvana/Pearl Jam/Pumpkins days when everyone was alive and didn't suck.. Ah well. Some rap is good. I don't see how anyone can diss an entire genre of music and think that's ok. I mean, sure, there's something for everyone and not everyone is going to like every artist, but a whole genre? Jeez.. A Tribe Called Quest has gotta be my fave rap act.. But I haven't bought much in the way of mainstream music in a long time.. In the past year, what have I bought.. Let's see.. Jennifer bought me 2 Ayumi Hamasaki CD's and one Mari Iijima CD for my bday in may.. And I bought a Macross tribute CD and a 2 disc Para Para anime CD at Anime Boston.. I guess that would be it. Maybe I'm becoming my parents after all, since I haven't heard of half of the stuff you guys are buying. And I absolutely hate Garbage.. (sorry Kak!)
I am such a Smashing Pumpkins freak. I bought Mellincholin and the infinite sadness the other day. I love it soo much!
I bought mellon Collie probably 7 years ago...Wow, that was a while ago :p
Same here.. Shit, stop making me feel old, kak. Wink Wanna hear something worse? I bought Pearl Jam - Ten on cassette cause I didn't have a CD player yet, and you know how the stickers on the front will say like "Featuring the hits Jeremy and Alive", or "The first album from this multi platinum band" or whatever? My sticker says "Featuring former members of the band Mother Love Bone". Hehe. =)
Pages: 1 2