Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Best CCS set?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone testify as to which Cardcaptor Sakura complete TV set is the best HK out there? Buying the R1 release would cost a fortune, but I don't want to spend over $30 on a sub-par HK set.

Any information and/or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
I believe the MAC/AS sets are just rips of the MI/AC set. Check the reviews for one and you'll be covered. I have the MI/AC set, and I'm hapy with it.
I have the MI set as well, great set
WHich version is the set on Ebay I see that I think come in to 4 disc gatefolds. Like this set:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...egory=2290
Quote:Originally posted by Vinny
WHich version is the set on Ebay I see that I think come in to 4 disc gatefolds. Like this set:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...egory=2290

That's the MI/AC set. And, yes, it's 2 gatefolds with 4 discs in each.
That must be new packaging since mine certainly doesn't look like that.
I emailed one of the sellers on ebay about this "mystery" CCS set (the pretty one with 2 4-disc gatefolds), and his reply was that it was a "Mage" set.

What the heck is Mage? I've never heard of them before. Does anybody know if this is a real HK group, and does anyone know what the quality of these ebay CCS sets is?

Thanks Smile
Perhaps thats a newer AC/MI version of the set with a different packaing. They look nice. But about the mage comment. YOu sometimes get wierd responses from HK DVD sellers. I asked some guy on Ebay how come his Gaogaigar sets (yes, I'm aware the original series is a bad HK set) were 8 discs and had 87 episodes, and he said he had the Taiwan version and that's how they are, even though he had pictures of the MI sets. Wierd Tongue
Quote:Originally posted by BobDoleX
I emailed one of the sellers on ebay about this "mystery" CCS set (the pretty one with 2 4-disc gatefolds), and his reply was that it was a "Mage" set.

What the heck is Mage? I've never heard of them before. Does anybody know if this is a real HK group, and does anyone know what the quality of these ebay CCS sets is?

Thanks Smile

Never heard of Mage, but my set does have two 4-disc gatefolds and it looks exactly like the one in that pic, and it is definitely AC/MI.

Maybe Shibo is right, and they changed the packaging at some point.