Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Series that should have been longer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I creating this post to just throw done what series you wish were longer

Maison Ikkoku - 96 episodes? That's it, when you're a huge fan you just want it to be as long as possible. A 130 episode count would have been nice.

Marriage - I don't know if anyone has even heard of this, it was one of Anime Works first releases. I watched it about 3 in the morning last night when I couldn't sleep. It's a very light hearted show, that in my opinion could have at least been a 26 episode TV series. There were characters who didn't get any show time (they really deserved it).

Dragon Half - Another one of those 2 episode OAV series. This series has to be one of the funniest (story about a half dragon half human following her teen Idol Dick Saucer). The show is of the super deformed with plenty of site gags and just plain absurdness. At one part I fell off my bed because I was laughing too damn hard.

Kimagure Orange Road - True I haven't even finished it yet, but out of 48 episodes I find myself on episode 35 (just finished 34) and not wanting it to end. I would have liked this series to be much longer.
Cyber City Oedo 808 - this is another one of those Who released it series? The action was actually what made it my favorite US Manga Corps title (possibly with exception to Project A ko and Urusei Yatsura Movie 2 :Beautiful Dreamer). It had no ending and no beginning. They should have spent much more time on this, at least a 26 episode TV series would have been nice.

Golden Boy - What can I say? The show is strange and perverted. Some how there is a sort of likeness between my self and Kintaro. The show was only a 6 episode OAV series. Wish it had the time to develop. Who can forget "nipples ahoy"? This was one of those series in which I liked the dub.
Trigun - Everyone could have some more Trigun

Berserk - Obviously

Dominion Tank Police - I love this OVA. I think it was the first anime I saw (Might have been Akira).

Tenchi Muyo OVA - I heard a rumer that someone was gonna finish it. Anyone know?

Oh! My Goddess OVA - It's so short. The characters are so loveable. Need more!
Yeah there is some weird new Tenchi show on Japan TV right now.
OMG! Avatar...too...big...meh!
Heh heh. That was pretty funky. For the farsighted.
That "odd" Tenchi show is "Tenchi Muyo! Galaxy Police". Can we say...bleh? I'd rather have had them take the first season, and make a sequel, like I heard they were planning, bringing Kagato back. Anyhow, here's my list.

Gundam 08th MS Team: Needed to be longer. They crammed so much into one episode, it seemed far too rushed. Shiro and Aina hated eachother, next moment they're hugging? o.O Don't think so.

Boys Be: Dear lord. Give me more. I especially loved the "Lonely" episode. o.o

Yes! More Ah, My Godess and more TRIGUN! Give me some real Tenchi, please.

Slayers: So, I heard that there's a fourth season of Slayers comming out. It deals with the last two Mazoku lords that are still around ( Deep Sea Dolphin and Dynast Grauscherra ). Come'on. We need to finally see them. Besides, Zelgadis needs to become human.

Tokyo Babylon: They (CLAMP) should do what they did with X, and make an anime off the manga. I'd buy it immediately.

Rayearth: Yes, another one. Why, you ask? Because I hate the fact that they kill of Eagle in Rayearth 2. It does NOT happen in the manga >.< He's supposed to go into a coma, not get killed. Ugh...besides, we need to see more of Lantis.

Fushigi Yuugi: I've personally written up a whole new plotline for this show, and if I could actually sit down with Watase Yuu, I'd show her what my plan was. Unfortunately, I don't have that luxery. Too bad.

And, sadly - Gundam Wing: I personally loved the series, and had they made another season for it, it would have been great. Ooh, yeah.

Eh, I'll write more if I think them up.
I'm 21 episodes into Fushigi Yugi and so far I feel like this series could be something like in the 70's or 80's rather than just 52 (?) episodes.
Yes. 52 for the series of Fushigi Yuugi. 3 episodes for OVA 1. 9 Episodes for OVA 2. OVA 3 is based off the novel Eikou Den, and as just released in Japan on DVD (Hey JunkieJoe, any knowledge on when we could get a copy of this? I know the Japanese DVD has the English dub on it, I have a rip of episode 1 in dub) . That is...eh...I'm not sure. Probably 6 episodes or so.

My idea puts a whole new twist on things, and once we get it all written out and placed in fanfic form, I'll be sure to post it. I think, if it was animated, it'd place the series at about a hundred episodes. Just perfect.
It's always nice to hit the century mark. Maison Ikkoku was only 96. Now if only VIZ would get up off their lazy asses and release the rest of it (it's not really lazy, the series for some reason isn't marketable. Some volumes only saw about 600 sales. It's a shame, because everyone will watch Ranma 1/2 but won't give Maison Ikkoku the time of day). Would love to see the OAV series done by Animeigo, a la KOR Box Set style (minus the bad opening theme decision).
Everyone speaks of how good KOR was and I don't even know what it is. Sad. Slayers hit the 90's mark, I believe. Or it got close. If you count the movies and such, I think it was -almost- 90. We all know Kenshin actually broke the 100 mark, even without it's unreleased episode (The "hidden" episode that was unaired on Japanese Tv).

I'd actually like to see them finish Gundam X. I liked what I've seen, even though the first five episodes of my DVDs have horrible subs, they get better after that, and the series looks good. It was cancled though. Oh well.
Eh, nevermind. KOR would b e Kimagure Orange Road. I'm such an idiot sometimes e.e
Heh heh. Yep. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do. I wouldn't buy the HK schultz says there is tons of engrish. I would say go with the Animeigo release when they have the DVDs separate, otherwise buy the VHS. They are like $25 each so it's not that bad considering the show rocks.

Another Series
Jubei Chan Ninja Girl Secret of the Lovely Eyepatch - The first non-Rumiko Takahashi series I watched when I became a serious otaku. The show is only 13 episodes long. Though the creator also did Kodomo No Omocha, I just can't look at it the same as Jubei Chan. Would have liked to see some more frantic, weird, action.