Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Take this link.. Then let's discuss. =)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
****Click Here For Anime News Network's Anime Ratings Page****

Note that you can click next to the categories for top 50 ratings.. I find stats like this fascinating. I enjoy seeing what anime I've seen and what I've missed.

A couple of quick observations here:

I saw one ep of the # 2 most underrated series (Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: Quiet Country Cafe) on their list at Nan Desu Kan this past year. I thought it was fantastic.. Would have been even better if it was subbed. Wink

I'm looking at the best rated anime list and I realize that the only thing I haven't seen in the top 15 is Haibane Renmei. Go me! Wink

Sooo.. Take a look at the lists. Make some observations. Discuss!
Hey Shibo

That's pretty cool...there's a few I haven't seen yet either. BUT you have to see Haibane!!! I bought it here on my last order a week or so ago. It was so good I immediately went out and bought the R1 box and volume 2 Smile It left you with such a good feeling more so than any other series I have watched to date. Maybe Someday's Dreamer will be equally as good but for now, I think it's the sleeper hit. BTW, I have the new re-mastered set from MI if anyone wants to trade for it seeing now its all R1 here on in!!

A couple of things I am surprised at is Reign and Last Exile. I haven't seen either but Reign has received some very drastic mixed reviews from site to site and where is Last Exile. Everywhere I go they say you must have it. Both stories seem to be good...help me out here.

Thanks!!!
I'm just glad to see that my personal favorite, Bebop, is at the top. I've seen most of the ones in the top 50, with the exception of the stuff that doesn't have R1 DVD releases yet.

Something else I noticed is that Miyazaki dominates that list. 5 of the top 10 and 7 of the top 12 is him. They better release Nausicaa soon so that I can watch it.

What I don't agree with is Golgo 13: The Professional being in the bottom 50. I thought that movie was awesome. I also don't know why FLCL is rated 18. I could not stand that show and will never understand what people see in it.

As for Haibane Renmei, I can't make up my mind yet. I saw the 1st disc and it seeemed pretty good, but I have to wait to see disc 2 to see if it was just an aberration or if it is that good.
Disney is beginning to work on the Nausicaa dub, they are deciding if they want a theatrical release or put it straight to DVD, big names are going to be on the dub, Patrick Stewart, Uma Thurman and maybe Natalie Portman.

Spirited Away was number 3? It was a good movie but one of my least favorite Ghibli movies. I thougt it deserved to be on the overrrated list but yes the clear domination is by Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki, if you include Castle of Calisgistro it's 6 out of the top 10.

Hmm, Banner of Stars was 47 and I don't see Crest of Stars. I found the first series to be much better.

Haibane Renmei is also the only series I haven't seen out of the top ten but soon I'll check out the R1s

Haha, FLCL rules supreme.
Looking at the worst rated anime.. I saw Tekken a long time ago..Guy at work let me borrow it when I was just getting into the scene, long before I discovereed HK stuff.. And what can I say? maybe it was because I was a big gamer but I seem to recall enjoying it. Now MD Geist totally belongs on that list. But Pokemon? It must be a backlash of the folks who think they're too cool to watch it now that they watch other shows cause there is much, mush worse out there. And Cyber City Oedo 808 is one of my favorite standalone OAV releases. This is one I've even recommended on the boards! I had no idea it sucked. Wink I always thought it was really cool. =)

One final thought for today.. It's not on the review list on the site for whatever reason but AS/MAC actually has Quiet Country Cafe available for order. I believe it's only one disc if some of you out there want to check out one of the most underrated animes out there. =)
I see Legend of Basara or Naruto or Gundam X didnt make it =(...Totoro is cool but I wouldn't have ranked Mononoke Hime that high..