Import Anime Forums

Full Version: That's The End Of Berserk?!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you have seen berserk, the ending is really disappointing cuz it stops there and no more. Some people might like that Kind of ending, so they're probly retarted. The story does continue but only on comics.

I heard from a friend that they are making new series of Beserk. I thought it was too good to be true, so I did some research and nothing. Damn, I was getting into it too.

Got anything to say guys? Just spit it out.
Well just from what i heard.. they are in a Pre-Production.. basically thinking and designing it.. Nothing real yet.. And also the story is about how Guts became who he was in the beginning of Episode 1.. No more no less and i think they do a good job at it.. You just got to accept it and move on.. Or find the Scans of the comics to learn how he gets out.. ;o)
This seems to be the most posted complaint. Maybe we should have a sticky for all the people new to the board or new to Berserk to just post and complain about how much they think the ending sucked. But, Berserk is still going on as we speak. There is no ending to Berserk. The animation got right up close to where the manga was, at the time the show was being produced. Also, keep in mind that the show was shown late (due to explicit violence) and didn't have the largest fan-base. Frankly, after thinking about it, I would rather they end it how they did with Guts walking off to future adventures then delving into the next part of the story and just ending abruptly since they would surpass the manga pretty quickly. Look at what happened to Kenshin and how much of a mess the show is afterwards Sad. I do wish they could have had one more episode so they could have shown Guts, the gigantic snake and the daughter looking at the Godhand. The expression Guts has afterwards when he's leaning on his sword is magnificent.
Dark Horse has just released volume 1 of the manga. Get it now!
and it is actually printed in the right format, which suprised the hell out of me.
Yeah, the manga's out, but if you have seen the series, there isn't much new in the manga. Yes yes, there are a few more fight sequences and there are some (i use that word sparingly) dialogue changes. I feel that the anime was a very good representation of the manga for the first 12 volumns. If you want to know what happens to Guts afterwards, get vol 13 onwards. The english translations aren't published yet, but scans are available if you look hard enough.
a lot is cut out of the first 3 volumes... YOu miss the dialogue with the snake man, the meeting with Femto, puck and quite a bit else.
Hello. I happen to be an absolute fan of berserk. Lets get this straight, there is no news of any new berserk series. The series did not do too well, as it was too gory for primetime, and i think it aired at about 3am in japan! It does carry on in the manga though. The end of the anime is probably about volume 13-15 . currently the manga is on volume 26 i think. Also, the anime only follows the main story of griffith and guts. the manga has many many side stories etc.
To be honest with you guys, I really liked the ending of the anime. It made me feel dirty after watching it, it goes from a cool kick ass series, to a much much darker demon fuck urtosukudoji feel. I liked it. The manga is really good too.
its great isn't itRolleyes

l couldn't see the current series ending any other way than 'that' ending.
I really would like to see the rest in animated form. There is some really neat stuff that happens after the end of the anime.Big Grin I really do like the ending the anime has now though.
They are in production of a season 2 which is set to come out next year(2004) so u can be expecting that.
I don't know where you people are getting this from. Miura hasn't even okayed the production yet. He was offered money to do it, but he never announced that he would. Give me an official announcement of this information, please.
Yup, i think it is all wishful thinking. give me some proof.
Even if they end up making season 2 of Berserk, I wouldn't put my hopes up for a real "ending" to the story. The manga is currently up to volume 25 and I don't see an ending to it coming anytime soon. Unless the manga has ended, the tv series would not have a real ending either.
Pages: 1 2