Import Anime Forums

Full Version: HK Reviews: Mazinger Z and Salamander
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys
just to let you know I've done reviews of a couple of recent releases

*Will contain -minor- spoilers, click and read at your own risk*

AS/MAC - Mazinger Z TV series part 1 (Preliminary) here

MAC - Salamander (Final) here

let me know what you think Smile
I only checked out your review of Salamander and it made me question the way you give out stars.

For the video description, you mention there are artifacts that show up but you still gave it a perfect score. I would have thought that even minor artifacts automatically drop it to a 4 or 4.5 star release.

For the subs, you mention the score would be higher if they were complete but not a perfect 5. What else about the subs prevent them from being a perfect 5?

I like the background information on the series that you provide. Your thoughts seemed a bit scattered in the last bit but the added information is definitely welcome.
OK... I checked out your Mazinger review as well. This is easily your best yet. Your additional comments are well thought out and provide excellent information. I could have lived without the OMFG comments though.

My only question is why the 4.5 ratings for quality that you are raving about so strongly? Is it purely because the source material has aged so much or is there something else that I'm missing?
about Mazinger Z

It's Way,way,way,way better than they baseline that I'm using to compare it, in this case the AS set, but is not completely perfect, basically I'm leaving myself a margin of error, it's more in the case of the subs, I will adjust the video/audio/subs score as soon as I can declare my review as final(15 plus hours of anime watching, even for a series you love is tough in one sitting and doing evals -running eps in one language, and spot cheking the other and alternating this process every few eps-on 2 subs streams, good thing I don't understand italian because I would go coocoo), also the series is from 1972, so some new fan would see it and think is crap, bacause is doestn't use any digital animation
as stated before it's a prelim... a work in progress Smile

about Salamander
the artifacts are barely there, the kind of thing that if you where not really looking you would miss them.... and basically I'm a little more forgiving than most ppl in cases the problem is no biggie and of little consequence, iIf a problem is a biggie, I will denounce it with no mercy
now the subs...those drove me batty!!!!

I'm a little of a scatterbrain, so it sometimes slips thru my writing...and english is not my native language, so sometimes It comes out a little weird, but I'm a firm believer that a good customer is an informed customer so I put the info in there Smile

I sometimes feel like a guinea pig doing this.... :confused:
It's a dirty job but someones got to do it.... Smile