Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Damn SAT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Originally posted by Tripp
I think they did that SAT change thing around 1995-1996. I took my SATs and scored 1310 my senior year, and that was with the change. I scored like 1060 the year before that, so I'm kinda figuring I didn't improve too much on my score. I took the SAT's three times and basically turned in my highest scores. My highest scores were on my last test, so I just basically improved each time by just a little bit.

Thanks. So it's a 250 point difference. I always wondered how much it really was. I always estimated about 200 points from the averages I was seeing.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Thanks. So it's a 250 point difference. I always wondered how much it really was. I always estimated about 200 points from the averages I was seeing.

No, actually cause from that one year I actually boosted my score a good bit cause I actually learned more English and Math. I looked it up and adjustment actually added on average 80 points to the Verbal score and about 20 points to the Math score. I thought 200 points by recentering the score seemed a bit much, so it's actually around 100 points. Still 100 points is a pretty big deal. They decided to recenter it in 1995 and all the scores in 1996 and afterwards were recentered.
This is the first I've heard that they reworked the scoring system... I had already graduated from college by the time they did it though.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
This is the first I've heard that they reworked the scoring system... I had already graduated from college by the time they did it though.

Yeah, that's probably why you're not familiar with it. I noticed it because it was a couple years after I took mine and all these stupid peope are like "I got 1300". And I'm like how did this dumbass score higher than me?
Pages: 1 2