Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ghost in the shell noob question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchase Masamune Shirow Movie Collection from here and i know ghost in the shell is on it and ppl told me it was good. well i also thought this was a tv series too. Is GITS also a tv series? if so, can i watch the movie before the TV episodes? how about the other movies? I dont want to watch anything out of order.

thanks
~RaNDoM
Well considering the TV series came out years after the movie, I think it is safe to watch the movie first.Big Grin
If you want extra background you can read the GITS manga first, if you haven't already done so. The movie concentrates on just the last chapter or so of it.
Kool thx guyz,

how about the other movies?

~RaNDoM
Don't want to disappoint you, but Appleseed is dire. The manga is one of my favourites and to see the resulting anime...Well, I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

The good news is that there is a new Appleseed movie on the way.
and it looks like the lastest zelda game, weird!
The Appleseed movie made me cry. They weren't tears of joy.:mad:
GITS TV kicks ass. It is a little closer to the manga than the movie was.
about ghost in the shell.....is the location set in japan or somewhere else like hong kong ? I was wondering because i saw a lot of boats and small rivers like streets and i thought the story was set somewhere other than japan.