Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Band Geek
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, so I'm a band geek, but what's so wrong with that?? So I spend most of my time going to practice that will get me nowhere in my future. I like band, and most of the people in it. The ones I don't like can go away. Far, far away...

Any other band geeks, or formaer band geeks floating around here anywhere???
I was the anti-band geek. I was awesome at my instrument, but the band teacher hated me and I refused to brown-nose or kiss his ass. I was eventually kicked out of class my sophomore year for skipping one class. I was actually quite happy. My friend who was like me in class got kicked out earlier as well, so we had 2 lunches and I got As in the class (becuase if I had received anything else, I know my mom would have raised a stink about it).

But in the end, I really have no respect for high schoool band. We get watered down music that has no technical merit, nor is any good sounding anyways. Frankly, I would have wanted to play some really nice classical pieces, but we were stuck with crap made by hack composers. When I picked up guitar in 7th or 8th grade, I was infinitely more engrossed in playing that than playing my saxophone in band.
And this one time in band camp . . . . :p

Seriously, the only thing I ever played was the Recorder in like 4th grade.
YEAHHH! Band RULEEEEES XDD

I LOVE high school band.. ^__^ The music's great, marching band's fun, and the people are awesome Smile Flute is the bestest instrument ever! :b

And we don't play watered down music! It's quite difficult.. o_O .. 32nd notes .. they're killers .. XP .. We're playing this song right now in band based on the Lord of the Rings (but not the score from the soundtrack) .. It's really fun .. we're only doing two movements.. but oh well.. they're fun ^_^

Band rules! ^__^ .. lol, I practcie all the time too.. it's good for you! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by may
Flute is the bestest instrument ever!

I have a nice flute right here that you can put your mouth on.
I play trumpet and was a band geek. But I'm also a martial artist. So DO SOMETHING!!!!! Yeah, that's what I thought. Naw, just playin. I'm a lover, not a fighter. (But I'll seriously kill you. Don't front.)
Quote:Originally posted by Atomic Orgasm
I have a nice flute right here that you can put your mouth on.

I bet it is a tiny skin flute isn't it?
damn, i was drunk
I too played the recorder in the fourth grade, but that was it as far as musical talents went. I did go out with a few band geeks in my day, and you know what some of them were real freaks (right up my ally).
Band sucks! Unless your playing in a punk band outside of school, then it's ok.
I'm in a punk band outside of school, as well as the band in school. I play Clarinet, Oboe, & Percussion.(generalization to help conserve space) Marching band isn't bad, and the music is definately not easy. I'm the punk kid in the marching band. I really don't fit in...
All the hottest guys were in the marching band at my school. And all of them were in punk bands. haha I love punk boys. It's too bad that you don't have more punk kids in your band class. It's suck to be out of place Sad
My school never had a band, but I grew up playing the Harp. Haven't touched one in years, though. I would love to be able to play again, but they are huge and expensive and finding a decent teacher is hard.
all the local punk bands sucked...come to think of it, a majority of punk bands suck...
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
all the local punk bands sucked...come to think of it, a majority of punk bands suck...

um.. no. Real punk bands don't suck at all. :p
Pages: 1 2