Import Anime Forums

Full Version: anime or manga first?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
most people prefere to read the book before they see the movie. this is because their imagination wont be restricted by characters or scenes that are created by a director in his view, they can see these things in the way they want, almost like they are the director. this brings me to my question which is: do people prefere to watch the anime or the manga first? its not quite the same case as with movies and books because manga has pictures that already limited your imagination and are usually quite like the animation. reasons for your answers would be appreciated.

im not quite sure what i prefere as i have enjoyed manga both before and after anime but after watching the first disc of GTO (and having read the first 11 volumes of the manga) i was wondering whether id every the anime better if i hadnt of read the manga. you see?
It really depends on what was first. If the manga was made first I prefer it. If the manga comes after an anime I simply will not read it. I think the reason I prefer manga is because it is the closest to what the creator intended it to be (since the creator is the one in control).
I like to read the manga first if I can. But I always seem to watch the anime first, lol.
I think my reason for this is because you get more of a real feel for what the creator was going for. And there is not any filler in the manga. IMO you really need to have both when you can, but the manga always seems to be a litte better then the anime. Wink
I prefer watching the anime first.

In most cases the anime leaves out some stuff from the manga, if I read the manga first then watched the anime I'll be comparing it to the manga too much setting myself up to be disapointed.
Much like what I did to Love Hina.Sad
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama

Exactly, your not the first person I know that read the manga of Love Hina first then was disapointed in the anime. I saw the anime first, I really liked it then I read the manga and loved it!
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama

Exactly, your not the first person I know that read the manga of Love Hina first then was disapointed in the anime. I saw the anime first, I really liked it then I read the manga and loved it!