Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Trigun questioms(HUGE SPOILERS WARNING)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finshed watching the trigun anime. To tell you the truth I was confused. What the hell is Vash? A plant? I know he is a higher lifeform than humans but was he grown by humans, or is he an alien? Also what is the significanse of the angel arms and everything? Can someone explain all of this to me. If there is any other important things you picked up could you tell me to just so I can try to get a proper final out of it. :confused:
define "higher" lifeform.

He is different, that's for sure. Vash is derived from the plants that you also see powering the ships, the egg carriers and eventually the cities that are landed on the planet. Also, everyone on the planet was an alien. Episode 17 showed that with the large space egg carriers and Vash and Knives on the spaceship.

If by signifigance, you mean symbolism of the angel arms, you're probably looking into the series too hard. Sure, you can make up some BS about christianity (the apple represents the tree of life...yea, sure, whatever), but that's irrelevent. The angel arm is a plot device, plain and simple. The gun is used by Knives to force Vash to destroy as much as possible. You could see it as a few things: Knives' desire to destroy everything, and Knives' love (if you can say that) of Vash if he were to trust him with something so powerful.

As for the signicance of 'everything', that's a bit hard to define just because it's so broad :p

Any other questions?
nice rant

vash = plant
angel arm = blow shit up

bebop is much better Big Grin