Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ichi the killer: is it the uncut version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone confirm if the Ichi dvd listed in the store is a rip of the uncut R2 (worldwide cinema version) or the R3 (universe laser & video co.) ?

The uncut version should run about 2h08 minutes and contains scenes such as the infamous nipples cuting scene, the upclose shot of Kakihara cutting is tongue, etc.

There's too many gory scenes so i'll stop there. If it's the uncut it'll be on my purchase list for sure.

Thanks for the info!

KF
interesting question, I will send a copy of this movie to Zagatto, our residential reviewer and if he can stomach it, he'll let us know ^_^
The R2 version with the english language track is supposed to be uncut (it says so at another shop). The version here with just the Japanese track I think is the R3 version which is cut.
We'll find out soon enough.
I'll make sure to include screen shots of anything that I find.
What scenes should I watch for?
Kung fu cult cinema.com has a list of scenes that were cut/censored from 3 different versions.

http://kfccinema.com/reviews/horror/ichi/ichi.html

KF
The R3 is cut - butchered actually as the link Kung-fou provided shows - and there are three R2 versions out:

R2 (Jap) - uncut, but apparently no English subs.

R2 (UK) - English subs, but cut byat least three minutes.

R2 (Netherlands) - uncut and with English subs. The perfect set.
After reading that great review I'm totally pumped up to watch this DVD. I just hope that it isn't a rip of the HK release. The very first thing I'll do when I pop it in the player is check the total running time of the video.

If the disc arrives today, I'll stay up late to post a thorough review for everyone... along with some screen shots if time allows.
OK... I've watched the whole thing now and I can safely say that this is an uncut version of 1-ICHI and not Ichi the Killer no matter how much editing is involved.

I have updated the review section with a few screen shots if you want more details.

I guess we still have to wait to see which version of Ichi the Killer JJ can get for the store.